cutting without AVHC - With Torchmate

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
runninwild400
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

cutting without AVHC - With Torchmate

Post by runninwild400 »

I have a Torchmate system with their AVHC, I'm wondering if it is possible to run the machine with the AVHC disconnected due to the fact that last night the screen on the AVHC box went blank and I no longer have any way to adjust the settings. I'm pretty dissapointed that this happened and has left me without a machine. My unit is only about 3 years old and I'm not looking forward to paying for repairs allready. If there is no way to make the machine run without this then I have to start calling customers and losing business. I've run the machine from day one with the AVHC so I have no idea if it will run with it unhooked. If anyone has any ideas on this it would be greatly appreciated.
Brian
Metal-Magic
jmsrbrt
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: cutting without AVHC

Post by jmsrbrt »

You should be able to switch from auto to manual on the face of the ATHC unit. It should come down and pierce all right, but might stay at that height while cutting. You could always adjust the knob while wathcing the arc and rais or lower the torch. Bob.

PS...mine has never gone dark...but did you check the fuse anyway?
Torchmate 2 with ATHC & Water table
Corel 12, Turbo Cad
TD Cutmaster 51
San Marcos, Texas
runninwild400

Post by runninwild400 »

Yes I checked the fuse and it was good, as for adjusting the height, I can't because there is no display so I have no idea what I might be changing, mine doesn't have a knob for adjusting, also I have all the wires disconnected because I have to ship it away to get checked out.
Brian
Metal-Magic
bogger44
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by bogger44 »

place your steel on the table I have a digital level level the steel f to b and side to side (your table has to be level first ) or the steel has to be level with the gantry.

You can run your torch around a little off the steel to see if your a success or have to re level.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

Torchmate has an excellent Tech Service staff....call them (it is free) and they will help you troubleshoot the avhc issue as well as will elp you limp along without the height control until it is sorted out.

Jim Colt Hypertherm
runninwild400

Post by runninwild400 »

Well it looks like I can run the table without the avhc hooked up, I just have to manually adjust the torch to the desired height and I will loose the pierce delay, but hopefully I can still make some cuts. Will do some testing tonight. I shipped my avhc control box out to be repaired and it looks like it's held up at customs, so much for paying extra for fast shipment, with my luck it will probably be there a while.
Brian
Metal-Magic

Return to “Torchmate Forum”