Wireless Controller - For Torchmate 2

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
runninwild400
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Wireless Controller - For Torchmate 2

Post by runninwild400 »

I came across this http://www.cnczone.com/forums/torchmate ... e_any.html and was wondering if anyone here has tried it. I have a Torchmate 2 and somewhere in this house I have one of those controllers from my pc gaming days, so if I get the time tonight I might give it a try :D
Brian
Metal-Magic
runninwild400

Re: Wireless Controller

Post by runninwild400 »

Update:

It does work, my controller is a little different then the one in the pic but it's almost the same. So far I have been able to program the jogging directions, Start, Reset, G-Code, Enter, Slow, Med, and Fast. Still working on zeroing the program but at least now I can stand over the torch and jog it into place instead of walking back and forth from the pc to the torch 10 times until it's where I want it.

Just figured out how to zero the program with the controller, this should help lots, just have to remember what buttons are what :lol:
Brian
Metal-Magic
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

some RF wireless keyboards and mice can transmit up to 30 feet or so

with extension cables the USB transciever can be extended another 16 feet from the pc

you can carry it back and forth to the machine, or have a 2nd keyboard/mouse at the machine

and you can even get real long hdmi cables to position a second (or third) monitor near the machine (in mirror mode it shows whatever's on the main monitor)

might cost a few bucks, but anything that makes work easier is worth it...
runninwild400

Post by runninwild400 »

I knew you could get wireless keyboards and mice but I didn't think they would be practical, much easier to hold a small controller while settting up, at least in my opinion. Just thought some might like to try, I know I only played with my controller last night for a few minutes and I like it allready.
Brian
Metal-Magic
ronsii
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by ronsii »

Hey Brian, Quite a few people have come to the conclusion that running back and forth to the computer was getting old :D here is another example over on Pirate ---> http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthre ... 216&page=2
runninwild400

Post by runninwild400 »

Well i never seen any posts on here regarding this so I thought I'd let people know about it, but I guess everyone knew about these but me ;)
Brian
Metal-Magic

Return to “Torchmate Forum”