Torchmate 2 Blue Screen AVHC - auto mode, problems & questions.

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
tac1fab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Torchmate 2 Blue Screen AVHC - auto mode, problems & questions.

Post by tac1fab »

We've got the old blue screen torch height control.. The previous owner of table/system was never able to successfully use the AVHC in "auto" (with any consistency).. .. Therefor when we bought the table we have almost always used it in "manual mode". I've finally got time to get this thing figured out and have noticed the the AVHC is not reading voltage/well sometimes it works sometimes it's not... Is there a diagnostic or cables I should be checking for this?

I've been told these old blue screen height controls are very problematic and really didn't work well.. I've been in contact with Flashcut CNC about their retrofit kit.. but would try to get what we have working.. I know a functional auto height control will really help with cut quality and consumable life. What are your opinions? Thank you

Torchmate 2, 5x10 table, Hypertherm Powermax 85, Torchmate Plate marker.
cuttinparts
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Torchmate 2 Blue Screen AVHC - auto mode, problems & questions.

Post by cuttinparts »

A friend of mine had the same ir similar setup and was never able to get the THC to work reliably and this seems to be a common issue with those older setups. I know both Flashcut and C&CNC have solutions for you but yes THC will be a HUGE benefit for you once you get something working.
tac1fab
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by tac1fab »

Thank you! Yes, the more I research the more I'm learning the old Torchmate AVHC is pretty much worthless.
ed08
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by ed08 »

tac1fab, Did you ever resolve this or move forward with a replacement? I'm in the same boat with the blue screen AVHC on a torchmate growth series table. Tired of crashing into material and ruining cuts so starting to look more seriously at replacement options.

Thanks.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

ed08 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:15 pm tac1fab, Did you ever resolve this or move forward with a replacement? I'm in the same boat with the blue screen AVHC on a torchmate growth series table. Tired of crashing into material and ruining cuts so starting to look more seriously at replacement options.

Thanks.
You may want to consider upgrading to a newer table with better electronics and thc. Is this for hobby use, or in a business with production requirements?
David
ed08
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by ed08 »

adbuch wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 3:50 am
ed08 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:15 pm tac1fab, Did you ever resolve this or move forward with a replacement? I'm in the same boat with the blue screen AVHC on a torchmate growth series table. Tired of crashing into material and ruining cuts so starting to look more seriously at replacement options.

Thanks.
You may want to consider upgrading to a newer table with better electronics and thc. Is this for hobby use, or in a business with production requirements?
David
Thanks for the input. I've thought about that too (especially since I've also got some sticky spots in my X and Y that hang up every now and then), but not yet ready to make that investment. Hoping for a "stop gap" type solution that is relatively affordable, but improves THC performance and cut quality. For now, this table only sees hobby type use and I don't have a business depending on this tool every day.

Return to “Torchmate Forum”