Torchmate 3 bad stepper motors

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
Fabkid33
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Torchmate 3 bad stepper motors

Post by Fabkid33 »

I recently bought a used torchmate 3 5 x15 that was up and running when I bought it I got it in my shop and was learning how to use it and cut a metal sign out and after that I have had lots of problems and after 3 hours with torchmate tech support and videos sent to them of problems I found out that my stepper motors are shot I got a quote from torchmate for new motors with new motor cables and the adapters to run bigger motors it's about 1000.00 but i still have all my old controller and cad and they said that may fix the problem or upgrade everything from tm for 6900.00 that's a little steep for my budget I was looking at the candcnc orphan kit and it's 3500.00 also getting a few other quotes . What does everyone think I should do with being budget friendly I have a busy welding and fabrication shop and this tool would help me a ton just dont know which direction to go without spending 6900.00 or much more ,if it comes Down to it im willing to pay the 6900 if it's worth it but would like to explore other options this is my first cnc table and was excited to use it then it took a crap I feel like I made a mistake buying it and don't want to make a mistake upgrading it
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Torchmate 3 bad stepper motors

Post by weldguy »

For older machines a newer retrofit is often the best way to go. Tom at C&CNC is super smart and always here on the forum helping people and his retrofits are very affordable compared to others. For a guy on a budget I would go with C&CNC and Tom will have you up and making money in no time. You will likely give up before the machine makes any money if you try to resolve this with Torchmate.
DezertBlingMoto
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by DezertBlingMoto »

Tom where ru ??
LOL
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

Poster is aware of his options and a special discount .
Fabkid33
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by Fabkid33 »

Tom has been great I hopefully will be ordering my candcnc kit very soon
DezertBlingMoto

Post by DezertBlingMoto »

Any info on Tom and possibly motors for the older Torchmate growth series .

Return to “Torchmate Forum”