Where can I buy the AVHC Linear Bearings for my torchmate besides TORCHMATE?

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
tulsajosh
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Where can I buy the AVHC Linear Bearings for my torchmate besides TORCHMATE?

Post by tulsajosh »

It's bad enough torchmate tables are well overpriced for what they are but there replacements parts that they resale have to be even higher apparently. Does anyone know part number for some replacement AVHC Linear Bearings that will fit for cheaper? Ive looked on McMaster-Carr and they sell them but I dont know which part number I would need because $200 for a set of 4 seems a little high for me from Lincoln. Any info and help would be greatly appreciated..
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Where can I buy the AVHC Linear Bearings for my torchmate besides TORCHMATE?

Post by tcaudle »

Take them off and measure the rod diameters with a dial micrometer. Meausure the body lenght and width and shop for one the same size. They are not going to be cheap if they are US inch size bearings. A lot of bearings are mm size so you should be able to find them in China if they are. With bearings its all about size.
Kitch940
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Where can I buy the AVHC Linear Bearings for my torchmate besides TORCHMATE?

Post by Kitch940 »

I purchased all my stuff from McMaster Carr. You just need to measure them and lookup the proper ones. You can buy the two little bearings, the 4 larger bearings that the two 1/2" dia rods ride on, the lead screw and the brass nut from them much cheaper than through TM. If you are on facebook there is a torchmate owners group on there and within the page there is a file section that contains an excel spreadsheet with typical torchmate part numbers on it.

-Dan

Return to “Torchmate Forum”