newbie needing help

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
cpeky
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

newbie needing help

Post by cpeky »

Hello all, I just bought my first plasma table and need some help. I bought my table at an auction of a company that went out of business. I got the computer to run it and everything. I have it set up and everything is working correctly. My problem is going through all of the files that were left on the computer they have some really neat art. I find the files that are .fgc and can cut them but I want to edit some of them for example, They have the name "carter" over top of cat in the hat and I would like to change the name "carter" to something else how can I do this easily? I can not find any .dxf files on the computer. Is there someway to convert the .fgc to .dxf? Once again I am new to this and would like some help thanks for your time.
larrycameron44
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: newbie needing help

Post by larrycameron44 »

Hmm Torchmate Driver software opens these so possibly a call to Torcmate Tech Support to see if they can reverse the process to get your dxf cut path from your fgc files.

Cheers

Larry Cameron
RusticMetalArt
tnbndr
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: newbie needing help

Post by tnbndr »

If it is a Torchmate table, did you get the dongle that unlocks the Torchmate software. I believe Torchmate software is proprietary to editing these files but not absolutely sure. I also believe that Torchmate was recently bought out by Lincoln.
Dennis
LDR 4x8, Scribe, DTHCIV
Hypertherm PM45, Macair Dryer
DeVilbiss Air America 6.5HP, 80Gal., 175psi, Two Stage
16.9scfm@100psi, 16.0scfm@175psi
Miller 215 MultiMatic
RW 390E Slip Roll (Powered)
AutoCAD, SheetCAM, Mach 3
http://ikescreations.com

Return to “Torchmate Forum”