Torchmate/ Thermal Dynamic

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
bwgsmith
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Torchmate/ Thermal Dynamic

Post by bwgsmith »

Was at a big exhibit yesterday. And there was a company selling some plasma cut work. He did very nice work. Went and commented him on his great work. Told him I also do similar stuff. ( its a hobby for me) And he asked what table I have. So I told him its a Torchmate. And he patted me on the back and said sorry for me. And I asked what he runs and it was a secret. What I found was he was an arrogant .... Im just doing this for something to keep me busy. I was involved in a plane crash 8.5 years ago. And now in a wheelchair. So its something I do more as a hobby. But love it. Is a Torch that bad of a table? And I also use a Thermal Dynamic 51.
Scratch
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Torchmate/ Thermal Dynamic

Post by Scratch »

Forget about him. I don't own a Torchmate table, but I think they are a great table. I did alot of research before I bought mine and Torchmate was one of my top 3 chioices. Some people just want to justify that they made the correct decision, when maybe they realize they made the wrong one.

Either that... or the guy is just an ass.

Either way, feel good about what you got. If it cut's metal out in the shape you want it to, and you can sell it, and have fun doing it.... You did good.
I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

By the way.... I also use a TD and am happy I got it.
I think I'm the oldest 10 year old boy on the forum...
mdwalker

Post by mdwalker »

Sounds like a professional jerk to me. If your table does what you want it to do then you made the right decision. I'm sure everybody on here could find something they didn't like about somebody else's table. Usually it has alot to do with what you get used to.
Danny Walker
Walker Manufacturing
Tishomingo, Oklahoma USA
www.walkermfg.net
Loyd

Post by Loyd »

A secret.....What a dopehead....and a jerk for treating you like he did. Torchmate is a good table and Thermal Dynamics is a good cutter, I don't own either one, but like has already been stated: You usually like the one you are used to. I wouldn't allow his attitude to affect me one bit. (He may have bought the stuff from someone else and doesn't even have a machine!) ;) :o :lol:
Loyd
De inimico non loquaris sed cogites
Do not wish ill upon your enemies, plan it.
bwgsmith
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Post by bwgsmith »

He was also saying he dosnt buy and designs. And he had a few cut that looked allot like Sign Torch stuff. Yes I think he was just high on himself. And is a bit of an ass. Torchmate has been very good to me. There Tech guys are very helpful. So just do what I do with what I have. Thanks all. Just needed to vent was a bit pissed after what he said.
501SCS53
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by 501SCS53 »

i own a torchmate 2 table and a cutmaster 52 and i have cut over a hundred things with it and have had no trouble, he is just a pompus butt that is trying to say you can't compete but you can there is almost no difference in the machine, with torchmate i know you have better customer support keep on cutting and check this site out if you haven,t dave in new york.
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=125
bignoles
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by bignoles »

My TM3 5' x 10' with Hypertherm 1650 is about 6 months old and paid for itself already. Don't let him fool you, you got a good machine. I think it's kind of a Ford/Chevy debate personally. The price, software, and support are what made me choose Torchmate. Since it's the only CNC I have I tend to think it's the best one made :o
BrianMick
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by BrianMick »

If your all lucky he is also a member of this site and mabey you got your point across....what an ass.lol
Brian
P.S. he probably is'nt a member because we are all nice!!!!!

Return to “Torchmate Forum”