Fine Cut Consumables

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
oldironrep
2 Star Elite Contributing Member
2 Star Elite Contributing Member

Fine Cut Consumables

Post by oldironrep »

OK, I have a Torchmate 4x4, AVHC , Hyp. Powermax 65 w/ machine torch. I have got conflicting recommendations on the Fine Cut consumables. Even from Hypertherm’s manual & charts that came with accessories. Can someone tell which consumables I should be using?
Thanks in advance for any help.
poppopsworkshop
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: Fine Cut Consumables

Post by poppopsworkshop »

Not to jump on your band wagon but, I have purchaced some fine cut consumables and had nothing but issues. I have the same machine as you and used the ones recomemdated but the torch would error out after just one pass. I the bought OEM Hyp and it did the same.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

Open up your operators manual (for the Powermax65) to the Finecut consumables cut charts. At the beginning are illustrations of the consumables.

Use:

220948 shield, 220854 retaining cap (AVHC) 220953 retaining cap (if Ohmic contact on newer Torchmates), 220930 Nozzle, 220842 electrode, 220857 swirl ring.

Follow the book specs and you will get excellent results on 10 gauge and thinner materials.

We do offer different consumables based on what you have for a machine and height control....and some slightly different versions if you are hand cutting....maybe that is part of the confusion? poppopsworkshop, feel free to contact me if you need help getting Finecut parts to work for you.....I have been using them for years with excellent results.

Jim Colt Hypertherm
poppopsworkshop
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Thanks Jim, i will verify the part numbers again and see what up, Thanks !!!
poppopsworkshop
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Pm sent to you Jim.

Return to “Torchmate Forum”