AVHC Magnetic Breakaway Interference.

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
modelaratrod
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

AVHC Magnetic Breakaway Interference.

Post by modelaratrod »

I recently purchased the Magnetic Breakaway retro kit for my AVHC and after installing it I noticed the AVHC was no longer adjusting the height during the cut and it would raise the torch 1/16 during a long cut and hold it there until the cut completed, it was showing the voltage on the controller but the led that flashes during adjustment was not flickering as it was previously. I called support and they had me re download to the motor and still nothing so Tech support was going to contact the AVHC engineer Monday morning and get back to me. We did notice during testing that it worked fine in manual mode. So today I decided it had to be the magnet in the new breakaway causing the issue so I uninstalled it and re installed the old lifter block and it's working just fine as it had before. To be sure this was it I put the magnetic breakaway on and started a long cut and it was in auto mode and was not adjusting, I paused the cut unscrewed the two pinch bolts on the bottom of the lifter station and ran the drive screw down and removed it out of the bottom and put the old non-mag lifter block back on and resumed the cut and it was adjusting as it should with the led flickering.

I was hoping some of you would confirm that your mag breakaways are working correctly with the Animatics SM2315D servo on the lifter station.

Thanks
5x10 Torchmate 2 w/AVHC
Hypertherm PM85 w/ machine & hand torch.

Return to “Torchmate Forum”