Torch Mate 4x4 square setup

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
slimshady20043
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Torch Mate 4x4 square setup

Post by slimshady20043 »

Hey guys, a local high school career center asked us to help em set up their new table. Easy enough ! OR NOT Firstly, IMO I think the design of this table is absolutely ridiculous. Secondly, I need to figure out what is wrong with it. The gantry gets close to the "home side" and gets about 8 inches from the end and binds up tighter than a well nevermind. It just binds up bad. So I noticed that the feed screws were warping a little. To try to fix that, we put 4 plates under each side of the gantry and tried to get the rollers to sit flat on the runners. Next problem, I think the gantry is twisted ! 1 corner (the same corner) is always higher than the other 3. I looked through the manual and what not and couldnt come up with anything. The table was put together before we got there. We were just supposed to hook up the electronics and get the software going. I don't know why its binding now but I need some help or tips. We are going back in the morning to try to get this dang thing squared up and level. Overall, I like the idea of being able to extend your table as you wish. But the way the gantry is moved and a couple other things I feel like they were very poorly designed. They paid out the butt for this thing and I feel like they took one. Not bashing torch mate themselves because they were more than helpful when I was on the phone ! It's hard to get good customer service now days. So props on that. Help Please ?
So much to read, so little time.
If you consider yourself a master of something, does that mean you refuse to learn anymore about it ???

Return to “Torchmate Forum”