Is the TorchMate 1 gantry kit a good machine???

Torchmate Hardware discussion forum
Dustan
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Is the TorchMate 1 gantry kit a good machine???

Post by Dustan »

Hello all i am planning to start a little business in my home shop making cool designs cut from metal signs and all sorts of stuff was wondering if the torchmate 1 gantry kit is going to be a good machine to buy i have all the means of making my own stand and i have also never ran a cnc machine before just handheld plasma willing to take any advise anybody has to offer from what equipment i should be buying or whatever else i should be taking into consideration thanks a bunch 8-)
Krazy Kutz metal designs
JJ13
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Re: Is the TorchMate 1 gantry kit a good machine???

Post by JJ13 »

I recently purchased a TM1. I have found it pretty easy to operate, and had very little problems. I bought it from the guy who built it, and saved a bunch over building it myself. They pop up on craigslist all the time.
lm700
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Is the TorchMate 1 gantry kit a good machine???

Post by lm700 »

I bought the gantry kit long time ago. ask them what plasma machines are compatable with the software for the thc. i am using a hypertherm powermax 600 and its not compatable with the thc so i am using thier proxcimity sensors and thay limit my torch from cutting a tru 4'x8' sheet. as far as it being a good machine. my next table wont be a torchmate.

Return to “Torchmate Forum”