plasmacam " torch hit material" error message

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
mad monkey
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

plasmacam " torch hit material" error message

Post by mad monkey »

So I keep getting the torch hit material error message, but it did not hit anything. I tried resetting the computer, initializing, put still happens and wont even initialize. Any thoughts before i get the BFH!
mdwalker
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: plasmacam " torch hit material" error message

Post by mdwalker »

mad monkey wrote:So I keep getting the torch hit material error message, but it did not hit anything. I tried resetting the computer, initializing, put still happens and wont even initialize. Any thoughts before i get the BFH!
You don't specify what system you are running but most likely you have a small piece of slag between the shield and nozzle causing a short or your nozzle may be worn and not perfectly round. Take the shield, nozzle, and electrode off of the torch and make sure all are clean and in good condition and re-assemble. If you still have the problem try changing the consumables to new ones.

Danny
Danny Walker
Walker Manufacturing
Tishomingo, Oklahoma USA
www.walkermfg.net
mad monkey
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by mad monkey »

will try that, thanks! Sorry new to this forum, I have a DHC2 and a hypertherm 1250
mad monkey
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by mad monkey »

Yup, it was some slag. Thanks alot for the help!!
Mikek
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Mikek »

I’m new also. Just purchased a second hand DHC2 unit and I get the same error “touch hit material during operation”. Do I need to have the Hypertherm connected and turned on? I’m only powering the computer and control panel.

Thanks Mike
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

Mikek wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:38 am I’m new also. Just purchased a second hand DHC2 unit and I get the same error “touch hit material during operation”. Do I need to have the Hypertherm connected and turned on? I’m only powering the computer and control panel.

Thanks Mike
This is from the Video Manual.
David
Torch Hit Material.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Mikek wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:38 am I’m new also. Just purchased a second hand DHC2 unit and I get the same error “touch hit material during operation”. Do I need to have the Hypertherm connected and turned on? I’m only powering the computer and control panel.

Thanks Mike
I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but I would try it with your plasma cutter connected (torch control cable connected from controller to plasma cutter), plasma cutter powered up, and everything just like you would have it for cutting a part.
David
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

It will read a material contact no matter if the Hypertherm is on or not, as long as the torch control cable is connected. Check for slag between the nozzle and shield. Make sure your controller is plugged into a Non-GFCI outlet that has a properly working earth ground (the third prong, must be connected).

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”