Caster Wheels on PlasmaCam - Loading Material

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
gagiii
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Caster Wheels on PlasmaCam - Loading Material

Post by gagiii »

Hello boys and girls. I'm new to the site and so far I have really enjoyed it and learned a lot. My Plasmacam dhc2 is going to be delivered tomorrow. I have a fairly spacious shop, but it would still be more convenent if I could move it around easily. My question is cqn I mount casters on this table without effecting it?
AnotherDano
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Casters

Post by AnotherDano »

I don't see why not. But after each move, be sure to level it.

Also, get positive locking casters or some other means to keep it from moving around on you.
Dano Roberts
droberts@ironpequod.com
PlasmaCam DHC-2 v3.11
Hypertherm PowerMax-30
Serving Laramie, Wy since Thursday
gagiii
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by gagiii »

Thanks, I planned on locking and leveling. Probably won't have to move it often, but some big jobs( trailers, long handrails) would be easier if I could just push it out of the way for a while. BTW, how do Ya'll load your sheets ontothe table, It's just me. I'm thinking about an angle iron grab and my engine hoist onto a couple of metal saw horses and then sliding the sheet onto the table. Any thoughts?
AnotherDano
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by AnotherDano »

gagiii wrote:Thanks, I planned on locking and leveling. Probably won't have to move it often, but some big jobs( trailers, long handrails) would be easier if I could just push it out of the way for a while. BTW, how do Ya'll load your sheets ontothe table, It's just me. I'm thinking about an angle iron grab and my engine hoist onto a couple of metal saw horses and then sliding the sheet onto the table. Any thoughts?
I buy 14ga in 4x10' sheets and have them sliced in half. Nothing I can't handle.
How about a drywall lift?

Use the search function and look for 'gantry'.
Dano Roberts
droberts@ironpequod.com
PlasmaCam DHC-2 v3.11
Hypertherm PowerMax-30
Eagle Mtn Metal Works
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Post by Eagle Mtn Metal Works »

Hey gagiii
I have a jib hoist that I built with a sling jig with three flat straps and I can load 4x10 on my table. I use two metal horses at the end of the table to hold the extra metal that hangs off the table. let me know if I can help with anything else.
Rod S in AZ
AnotherDano
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by AnotherDano »

Thanks, Rod.
That's what I was referring to but too lazy to search for.

You da man!
Dano Roberts
droberts@ironpequod.com
PlasmaCam DHC-2 v3.11
Hypertherm PowerMax-30
swalker1
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Re: Caster Wheels on PlasmaCam - Loading Material

Post by swalker1 »

That is awesome! I need to build one of those for my shop. Thanks for the pic. Its a great idea.
gagiii
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Re: Caster Wheels on PlasmaCam - Loading Material

Post by gagiii »

Thamks guys, I got my table Tuesday, and my Hypertherm 65 yesterday. Bout got it all put together, machine torch consumables will be here tomorrow. I think I'm going to wait about the casters until I get everything setup so if there is a problem I won't have to rule them out. As far as material handling, I have a chain hoist that I can make some grabs for or I might fix some forks for my compact tractor front end loader. Thanks again for the help.

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”