Won't cut from right to left

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
bigskycustompanels
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Won't cut from right to left

Post by bigskycustompanels »

We have a Samson table with a cutmaster 151 . When i cut from left to right there is no problem but as soon as the machine changes directions it doesn't cut all the way through the meterial and if i start from the right and go to the left it won't cut until it changes directions. I have checked pierce hieght and delay cutting hieght and speed . I also changed consumables i don't know what else to check any help would be appreciated.THANKS Big sky custom panels
Mountain Home
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Won't cut from right to left

Post by Mountain Home »

Sounds like maybe amps a little to low or cut speed to fast.
ronsii
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by ronsii »

Well if your software is sending the same speed and delays both directions then I would check the tip, examine it closely for irregularities or try rotating it 180 degrees see if it makes a difference. If the tip has a gouge in part of it's orifice I have had it make a difference in cut direction however the overall cut can be less than desired ;)
bigskycustompanels
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Thanks for the reply's i have checked and changed tips ,speed and amps still didn't fix anything . I can get it to cut 14 gauge but not as good as it should i have even called plascam thier not sure either . This is really frusterating . Big sky custom panels
SignTorch Vector Art
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SignTorch Vector Art »

A couple of similar incidents, behaving different with different direction, turned out to be the torch mount not tight or rigid enough, apparently the air pressure during piercing/stopping would shift the torch enough to cause ripples, I'd check for that and possibly for water in the air line.
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by weldguy »

I'm with Gary on the water in the air line. I hear all the time "I just put in new consumables" but it doesn't matter. New consumables can last all of about 1/2 second if you have excessive moisture in your air supply.

Look at the electrode shaft and inside the tip for swirling black stains indicating moisture, and/or oil in the air supply.

If the hole in the end of your tip is out of round at all it can cause the exact same problem you are describing and moisture is the number 1 cause of that happening.
ronsii
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by ronsii »

Would it be possible to get a video of it doing this? That would be a great help to me or at least a closeup pic of the cuts good and bad. :)
bigskycustompanels
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Thanks for the help after looking into this some i think your right about moisture in the air lines. We have two water separators but i think we need to do something else.Thanks again Big sky custom panels
geo4932
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by geo4932 »

What thickness are you cutting and which consumables are you using and what amperage and what cut speed?
What is the actual cut height above the metal? Pause the machine a measure the distance between the torch and metal. It should be between .06 to .100"
Thermal Dynamics torches use a different shield for each amperage nozzle. Make sure you have the correct parts on the torch.

George

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”