My Plasmacam cnc plasma just died

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
monsterfabrication1
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

My Plasmacam cnc plasma just died

Post by monsterfabrication1 »

So i was working in my shop today geting ready to cut some parts out on my plsama table then all the power went off and now the table wont move
i rebooted it nothing so i call tech suport and they dont have a clue so now i have i have all my orders to do and no plasma table.
so i have called PLASMA CAM 22 times and left messages every time..
so what should i do? Im at a loss.. :?:
jeeplogic83
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: my cnc plasma just died

Post by jeeplogic83 »

That sucks,
It has happened to me 2 times and its a PIA the first time the encoder was loose and crashed my machine at about 6000 ipm in the side (fricking scary) the second time one of the one of the drivers failed and it crashed again that time I about pissed my pants because my i was close to the machine and watching intently. I guess what I am trying to say it is probably something with your power supply if nothing works usually if you have a power problem if you are only missing power is one axis its usually a driver problem. the easiest thing to check would be the fuses in the driver box then disconnect everything and rehook every thing up it could be just a loose connection. worst case scenario you need a new control box.
just my thoughts
Good luck
Ironman
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Re: My Plasmacam cnc plasma just died

Post by Ironman »

I hate to say it, but it sounds like your controller cooked on the power outage...thats $2k
Power loss while cutting can let loose alot of transient voltages from many sources, the plasma cutter is one source, as it has big capacitors.
Some other questions..
Do you have a APC to run the table and computer?
..maybe not, as a power outage would have only shut down the torch. Best 100 bucks you can spend is an auxiliary power supply.
Do you have the table earth grounded with it's own ground rod?

Monster, I hope I'm wrong, but you want to talk to George at Pcam, and no one else. He is a god.

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”