PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Where Is Everybody?

Post by robertspark »

Joe Jones wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:42 pm
robertspark wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:56 pm

but VW own Bugatti? not really a fair competition.... Bugatti would win every time
That depends entirely on the race! I dare say a Bugatti would be WORTHLESS in the Baja 1000 :lol:

Joe
you point being..... I can't see a Ferrari being any better?

I think we are loosing the point here but it's been fun to pass the time waiting for another pcam user to get off the phone with pcam and log on here
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Joe Jones »

Here is a sample video of the GAME we can all play, and another video of me trying to keep pace with my own video.

Of course, I have no short term memory, so even though I created the design, I failed to follow the video and create the correct file!

The demo video was deliberately edited to make it too short, but a real challenge video would have a slightly more relaxed pace.

I think we could have a lot of fun with this!

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

robertspark wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:55 pm
... it's been fun to pass the time waiting for another pcam user to get off the phone with pcam and log on here
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

cutnweld
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by cutnweld »

Hey thanks for the fun read! Hats off to Joe for stirring up the pot, keep it up!
5X10 Shop built table
20x80x32 inch gap lathe
10x40 lathe
10x54 milling machine
2-Miller 255
Miller XMT350MPA
Lincoln squarewave tig 255
12 Ft Durma Brake
cutnweld

Post by cutnweld »

The PlasmaCam table will hold a 2" plate, no problemo.
Joe

It would be entertaining to see a 5x10 sheet of 2" steel get dropped on and pushed straight with a forklift. I think at that point in time Robert spark would get his longed for controller, if it would survive the crash! :HaHa Hey I'm just having fun
5X10 Shop built table
20x80x32 inch gap lathe
10x40 lathe
10x54 milling machine
2-Miller 255
Miller XMT350MPA
Lincoln squarewave tig 255
12 Ft Durma Brake
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

cutnweld wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:01 pm
It would be entertaining to see a 5x10 sheet of 2" steel get dropped on and pushed straight with a forklift. I think at that point in time Robert spark would get his longed for controller, if it would survive the crash! :HaHa Hey I'm just having fun
You don't "drop" ANY plate onto the table. you set it onto the grates.

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

SegoMan DeSigns
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

cutnweld wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:01 pm The PlasmaCam table will hold a 2" plate, no problemo.
Joe

"Light Weight" tables have that problem :HaHa :HaHa :HaHa
robertspark

Post by robertspark »

Joe Jones wrote: Sat Jul 09, 2022 1:28 pm You don't "drop" ANY plate onto the table. you set it onto the grates.
too lightweight?

I'm up for this competition at some point for a bit of fun and make an arse out of myself.

I'm just struggling on time at present (day job).... hoping it will quiet down in next month
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

The thing is, I would ALSO like to compete in a fair and FUN contest like this, so I cannot be the one who creates it.

I am curious about watching videos of people following a set of verbal instructions at a reasonable pace, as a real time unedited screen recording of the steps they take to follow the instructions, using all of the different design software options. Not only DesignEdge, which I personally believe would be the fastest, but also Fusion 360, AutoCAD, maybe Inkscape, GIMP, Google SketchUp and others... I cannot think of all of the names of the vector design programs that are out there.

I am sure that every program has certain advantages over the others. For example, I believe that DesignEdge FAR outshines the others when it comes to text manipulation. That doesn't mean the other programs cannot do the same things, but I believe that this is just one of many areas where DesignEdge would rocket to the front of the line. I could be wrong.

It would be FUN to see where one moves ahead, or lags behind, based only on a verbal instruction video that is played in real time, with no stops or pauses to allow the designer to "catch up," and then compare the resulting files as overlays to a master original design.

When the time is up, the file is saved and exported as a DXF file and uploaded for comparison, along with the screen recording showing the processes used to get there.

Think of it as a VECTOR Square Dance! One person calls out the moves, while everyone else follows the instructions.

so now WHO will create the first challenge? :roll:

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

SegoMan DeSigns

So now your picking on us deaf graphic artists who use CorelDraw 16 now :?: :?: :?: A rigged game is the only way you can win :Wow :Wow

I still haven't learned all of the features to 16 and now 22 is out there.. I did get a note from their engineering dept about my complaint on the Spline / Poly-line DXF export issue that I made 4-5 years back as of SP1 for 22 it has been resolved.. Which is funny as they said it did not exist when I made the initial complaint :HaHa
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

Hmmm... Thank you for telling me. Although I did study ASL and was conversationally adept at it :roll: ... 30 years ago, I have not used it and therefore have forgotten most of the signs and techniques. I was engaged to a girl who pretended to be Deaf. It is a LONG, L-O-N-G story. She was quite good at it. I found out one day at the termination of the relationship when she called me on the phone! Those were crazy times, for sure.

You bring up a good point though. All of the videos I have made. I did not include captions. Do you watch them? Can you bring up captions? HOW would I add that to my videos? Do you know of a service, or some software, or something that can make my future videos (and perhaps the existing videos) captioned for the Deaf community?

I would like you to participate in these challenges, so I will have to figure out a way to add captions, or an interpreter, or SOMETHING. It would do me no good to try to interpret the videos myself. You would be so busy LAUGHING, you would not be able to work your software simultaneously.

So now I am wondering ... are you the man whose son contacted me a while ago about an issue with his PlasmaCam table? I won't post the name here, since you use an alias. Did YOU make the pipe cutter video about the stand that was embedded in the concrete floor?

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

SegoMan DeSigns

No Problemo on my side, I had one bad ear early childhood and the other one went bad late in life. It was at a time when I was in the pro sound business and finally made the contacts to go big and start doing shows at Red Rocks and the like. A true kick in the head it felt like. The only way I can hear perfectly again is with a cochlear implant, if you have studied them they can not be used around Hi Frequency Devices Like plasma and pulsed welders LoL and if you hit the magnetic piece embed on you skull with a wrench it can be lights out. Y/T will sample your speech and convert it to CC. try turning down the volume and click on the CC tab it leaves a lot to guessing and rewinding..

And no it was not me who called about the light weight, Chinesium built plasma table that will no way in heck hold a 2" metal plate .. 2" of salad greens on a paper plate maybe.. :Yay :Yay
Last edited by SegoMan DeSigns on Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

I am uploading a video now. It is my first attempt to add captioning to the video. Let me know how it works for you. It was not as difficult as I imagined it would be.

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”