Plasmacam

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
escuderj
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Plasmacam

Post by escuderj »

hello Plasmacam forums

I recently just picked up a used 4x4 plasmacam table, hypertherm 45 and 80 gallon compressor. For the most part it works great, I have been playing with the settings and wondering what is the average travel speed, I'm currently set at 300, also if I'm running detailed images the lines gets torched out. Not sure if running fine tip consumables would help.

thank you
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Plasmacam

Post by adbuch »

If your Hypertherm 45 as been upgraded to the Duramax torch, then refer to the attached mechanized cut charts for the proper cut height, pierce height, pierce delay time, cut speed, and amperage settings. FineCut consumables are available for the Duramax torch.
GDE_810050_R0_Duramax_Cut_Charts_Powermax45(1).pdf
If you are using the stock Powermax 45 torch, then refer to the attached manual below to find the recommended settings for the particular material and thickness you are cutting.
805780r2(1).pdf
Which model Plasmacam table do you have? And what software are you using? If your table came with Design Edge software, what upgrades - if any - do you have? For Design Edge, the big three are Advanced Design, Advanced Machine Control, and Advanced Height Control (both upgrade levels). If you do have Advanced Machine Control, then you can adjust your corner acceleration from the stock setting of 0.2G to something more like 0.03 to 0.05 G to allow for better detail on fine detailed cuts while maintaining higher overall cutting speed.

If your plasma cutter hasn't been upgraded to the Duramax torch, then you can substitute T30 (30 amp consumables) parts as listed in the cut chart section of the Powermax45 operators manual to achieve similar results to the FineCut consumables used with the Duramax torch. If you decide to operate these 30 amp rated consumables at cutting currents higher than 30 amps, then you can expect rapid nozzle orifice wear and deterioration of cut quality as a result.

David
Settings, Machine Control.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

Welcome!

Definitely a fun journey and a lot to process at the start. I have several videos on my YouTube channel and info for workshops should that interest you in the future - links in my signature. Headed to Las Vegas this week for a class!
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Yes indeed! I forgot to mention that Robert has some great Youtube videos about learning to use Plasmacam Design Edge. Here is one of my favorites.
David

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rcm0DdDPfo
design edge settings.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”