Searching For a File

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Searching For a File

Post by Joe Jones »

You know what happens ... you create THOUSANDS of .PCM files, all with cryptic names. Then you go back a year later to find that ONE file you need, and ... :Wow

Does anyone have a way to display a .pcm file as a GRAPHIC rather than as a name? I can scroll through photos a lot faster than trying to remember what I named that $^%&* file EIGHT YEARS AGO!

Joe
abmetal
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Searching For a File

Post by abmetal »

You know......I've thought the same thing for years, but I'm just too dumb to figure out anything. I wish somebody had a good answer.

Allen
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

I bought a 4TB external hard drive, and I am moving ALL of my PlasmaCam files, DXF files, art files, images, and so forth to that single drive. I have several computers, and it really gets frustrating trying to remember which computer contains which design. So everything is going onto ONE portable drive, and I will just save and pull files from that one central location.
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

I doubt it will work with pcm files but for dxf the Smartview software is simple to use, cheap to buy and awesome for organizing your designs. Check them out at https://dxfviewer.us/
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

weldguy wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:23 am I doubt it will work with pcm files but for dxf the Smartview software is simple to use, cheap to buy and awesome for organizing your designs. Check them out at https://dxfviewer.us/
Thanks. I will look at the software. I hear that there is a setting ... somewhere ... that allows Windows 10 Pcs to view .pcm files as graphics, but I haven't found it yet.

Joe
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

:Like :Like
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

As John Derby said, it must be a setting in Windows 10. I have two identical computers with DesignEdge on them. One PC will not display the graphic icon. The other one will. Now I have to print out the settings on both of them, and find that cryptic difference!

Joe

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”