Not cutting at full 4x4 table dimensions

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
TTMotorsports
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Not cutting at full 4x4 table dimensions

Post by TTMotorsports »

Ok so I have a DHC2 and the old software. When I initialize the cutter the yellow crosshair is approx .380 in above the top edge of the 4x4 table. And real problem is when I move all the way to bottom opposite side of table it goes all the way to bottom edge BUT as soon as it gets there is moves back .480 in from the edge on the table. I can manually move it to the bottom edge with directional arrows on control on cutter but as soon as I let go of the down arrow it moves the same .480 from the edge. I can move diagonally down and over and it moves freely until I stop than it moves up from the edge. If I draw something that goes close to the edge to yellow cross hair on the computer screen shows it following the cut perfectly BUT in reality it stops the same .480 away from the edge. I've had this machine for 10 years and never had an issue with it until this
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Not cutting at full 4x4 table dimensions

Post by weldguy »

Wow, that's odd. Has to be a setting somewhere that got changed forcing XY ZERO away from the outer limits. I am not familiar with Pcam software but that's what it sounds like. I would dig around in the settings to try and locate the culprit.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

TTMotorsports wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:28 pm Ok so I have a DHC2 and the old software. When I initialize the cutter the yellow crosshair is approx .380 in above the top edge of the 4x4 table. And real problem is when I move all the way to bottom opposite side of table it goes all the way to bottom edge BUT as soon as it gets there is moves back .480 in from the edge on the table. I can manually move it to the bottom edge with directional arrows on control on cutter but as soon as I let go of the down arrow it moves the same .480 from the edge. I can move diagonally down and over and it moves freely until I stop than it moves up from the edge. If I draw something that goes close to the edge to yellow cross hair on the computer screen shows it following the cut perfectly BUT in reality it stops the same .480 away from the edge. I've had this machine for 10 years and never had an issue with it until this
I am not familiar with 3.11, but in Design Edge there is a setting to correct this. See photo below. Perhaps you have a similar setting. Otherwise you could physically move your torch on your mount to correct this small offset. If your system worked fine before and you do not have this setting, then perhaps you have removed/replaced or bumped your torch and it has shifted from the original location. Also make sure your torch is 90 degrees to the work surface as an offset from hitting some material (tip up) could also cause the torch to move or the torch mount to shift.
David
cutter location adjustment.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

adbuch

Post by adbuch »

TTMotorsports wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:28 pm Ok so I have a DHC2 and the old software. When I initialize the cutter the yellow crosshair is approx .380 in above the top edge of the 4x4 table. And real problem is when I move all the way to bottom opposite side of table it goes all the way to bottom edge BUT as soon as it gets there is moves back .480 in from the edge on the table. I can manually move it to the bottom edge with directional arrows on control on cutter but as soon as I let go of the down arrow it moves the same .480 from the edge. I can move diagonally down and over and it moves freely until I stop than it moves up from the edge. If I draw something that goes close to the edge to yellow cross hair on the computer screen shows it following the cut perfectly BUT in reality it stops the same .480 away from the edge. I've had this machine for 10 years and never had an issue with it until this
Were you able to resolve your problem? If so please update us with your solution.
Thanks,
David
TTMotorsports
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by TTMotorsports »

I will check the software and see if somehow the X and Y shift got changed somehow. Will report back tomorrow and if that looks good I will call plasmacam and update this when i get info
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Joe Jones »

DesignEdge is a bit confusing.

When you look at the table on your screen, you are NOT looking at a gray square (or a rectangle for the 510 table.) You are looking at a solid BLACK SQUARE on top of a solid GRAY SQUARE. The black square is your actual cutting area. The design CAN flow off of the edge into the gray area, or even beyond it to appear to be outside of the table area, but the truth is that the software can only cut designs that are fully contained in the BLACK SQUARE.

Adjusting the X and Y setting in the Cutter Location Adjustment will shift that black square up and down, or left and right on top of the gray square. Manually move your crosshairs to the bottom left corner of the black square, and click on ZERO X-SHIFT (Inch) and ZERO Y-SHIFT (Inch) to set that corner of the black square to coordinate 0,0

Make sure none of your designs spill over into the gray square or beyond, or the machine will not be able to cut them,

Joe
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

Incorrect. The gray square/rectangle is showing the mechanical limits of the table and as long as the cut path is within the gray box it will travel and cut.
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

rdj357 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 9:41 am Incorrect. The gray square/rectangle is showing the mechanical limits of the table and as long as the cut path is within the gray box it will travel and cut.
Well, I haven't used my table in a while. I will go out there and create a path that runs into the gray area. You may be right. I don't remember if it will, or will not cut in the gray area.

Joe

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”