Plasmacam boom measurements/off the shelf rattle can colors

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
Mikey Welds
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Plasmacam boom measurements/off the shelf rattle can colors

Post by Mikey Welds »

I just completed the purchase of a new to me old DHC table. The machine is missing the boom piece. I can certainly whip something up for it based on photos but it would be great to replicate the stock item more exactly. Anyone care to share a quick sketch of the boom with some dimensions/materials/thicknesses? Also has anyone sourced off the shelf paint colors that match the blue and the yellow?
Its going to take a bit of time to get up and running because this is getting set up in my personal shop. I need the ownership transfer process to play out before I can purchase the cable to hook up my older Powermax 45 and any other parts it might need from Plasmacam.
Can't wait for the weekend to start cleaning it up and figuring it out!
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Plasmacam boom measurements/off the shelf rattle can colors

Post by rdj357 »

I don't have a 4x4 but I'm sure someone here might be able to help with some more details on the boom. I have seen the paint color names from the powder company but am not sure if anyone has an exact go. I think Safety Blue is pretty close and Signal Yellow is what I use to powder coat the brackets.

If you have any desire to switch to a machine torch, I have a DHC Snap'NCut magnetic mount kit, CPC interface kit, and CPC interface cable that will work with your PM45 to connect directly to the controller. I recommend the Hypertherm 059482 mini machine torch if so.

The link for those items and others is in my signature if interested.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

I used some Rustoleum yellow and blue spray cans for some of my accessory parts. It looks pretty close to the Plasmacam colors - at least close enough for me.
David
Stand-Alone PlasmaCAM Tubing Cutter 6.jpg

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

tinspark
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by tinspark »

I used Rustoleum "Safety Blue" rattle cans to paint my green gotorch frame to match the Plasmacam blue when I expanded to 48x48. It was close enough, that it is hardly noticeable. At least to my eye.. I also figured rise and run for my boom arm on a diagonal (60.25 x 60 table size) and made mine 40.75" long on a 25 deg. pitch from the 45 deg. point at the corner of the riser pole.
Here is my build thread on the owners website, which shows the color match. Not too bad color IMO..
https://owners-community.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=52042
Doug,
4x4 GoTorch- expanded
Height Control/Advanced DesignEdge
Hypertherm 45XP-
Logan Lathe + myriads of other shop toys
**CAUTION**- "Does Not Play Well With Others" :)

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”