PlasmaCam Fully Automated Height Control Problems

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
abeshear
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

PlasmaCam Fully Automated Height Control Problems

Post by abeshear »

I purchased the fully automated height control as an add on after I purchased the dhc2 table and hypertherm 45 and it does not work correctly.

It will cut one or two things perfectly and then I will get an error message that the torch made contact with material or the torch will raise to high and won't cut. The torch will only lower if I lower it using the down arrow on the Z axis of the table control panel. The height doesn't seem to be controlled at all. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: PlasmaCam Fully Automated Height Control Problems

Post by adbuch »

Check for slag between the shield and nozzle, as this can cause this error message. Also make sure your cables to controller are securely plugged in.
Torch Hit Material.jpg
Under settings, height control, material sensing errors there is a selection box for "Retract Z if contact on cutting". If you uncheck this box, this will keep your z from retracting.
Height Control.jpg
It would be helpful if you would post screen shots of your settings pages and tell us exactly what you are cutting so we can try to help you.
After you have set your pierce height, cut height, cut speed, pierce delay, and kerf width - you will want to check the auto zero boxes for Z-shift and Arc Voltage Shift. Then do a test cut and pause in middle of cut and physically measure the distance between your nozzle/shield and work piece(material you are cutting) to make sure your cut height is correct. Also make sure that your torch control cable is securely plugged in to the controller.

David

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”