PlasmaCam Control Box Help

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
Fuzed
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

PlasmaCam Control Box Help

Post by Fuzed »

I am one of the stubborn hold outs that doesn't want to upgrade my PlasmaCam DHC. It is old, but well maintained, but waaay past technical support. I like what I have, don't want any more bells, whistles, or functions. Ive always been able to fix communication or drive problems by ordering parts, but time has taken its toll and I have a controller issue I cant resolve. While I am cutting, jogging, or sometimes even at rest, the controller is communicating and causing the carriage to jolt in one direction, seems violent. I replaced the whole communication harness, tried a new computer with a new PCI, cleaned and checked every connection, and did all of the general checks that I've read on different forums, but continue to get the sudden jolt or slam in the machine movement. I borrowed a friends control box, hooked it up and everything cut perfect, so I've concluded that I definitely have something shorting or broken my controller. Does anyone work on these independently or know how I can get the controller tested and repaired? I know nothing about electronics and I really want to rehab my controller. Any suggestions from the community?
Imagine it...Design it...Burn it...Sell it.
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: PlasmaCam Control Box Help

Post by rdj357 »

Are you sure it's not just a sticking control pad key? If so, Plasmacam sells (available on the owner community) just the keypad. If you could catch it acting up you could open Diagnostics and look for a sticking key. Otherwise it's only $89 to try that option. I'd take it on out of the case and blow it all out at the same time if it were me.
Fuzed
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Fuzed »

I actually have a new keypad on my parts shelf. I didn't think to try that as the erratic motion is sporadic, sometimes I can make a few cuts without it going crazy, then out of the blue it goes nuts. I'll definitely replace it. Thank you very much for the suggestion.
Imagine it...Design it...Burn it...Sell it.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

Let us know if the control pad was the problem.
Thanks,
David

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”