Plasmacam dhc2 and Hypertherm PowerMax 65

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
ddd62g
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Plasmacam dhc2 and Hypertherm PowerMax 65

Post by ddd62g »

Hi, i just got 4x4 Plasmacam Table and Hypertherm 65, here is problems so far i have:

1. i off all auto settings for Z, cuz it doesn't cut it auto level mode, when it's off i manually adjust clearance and it cut

2. it doesn't cut holes completely or whole design on ends (clearance is good)

3. cut angle not ( I ) straight down it's like ( \ 5pm ) - see attached pic.

4. Aluminum 5/64 and i go for 25 amp and it still too much slug !!!

If someone can help me with that i'll be really really appreciate, if someone on this forum in LA area i can pay for teaching me some tricks how to make this cool stuff work properly.

P.S. Sorry for my English

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Plasmacam dhc2 and Hypertherm PowerMax 65

Post by adbuch »

In Settings, Offset/Convert try setting "Gap and end of loop" to zero to cut all the way to the end of the cut path. It would be a good idea to level your table, and you should try to get your torch height control working so you are piercing and cutting at the correct heights. Cut height is normally set to 0.060". Do you have an ohmic shield installed and connected to your torch? Maybe show some photos of your setup.
David
Gap at end of loop.jpg

Dragfluid
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Dragfluid »

We should probably ask what software version that you're running? Is it Design Edge or the older style? (3.11)
PlasmaCam DHC2
Powermax 45XP
Tig
Mig
A hammer
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

Both Design Edge and 3.11 have a setting for "Gap at end of loop" (3.11 shown below). Design Edge setting shown in my previous post.
David
PC3.JPG

rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

The absence of a lead-in is almost always a dead giveaway that the user either does not have ANY level of height control or they have the option to 'wait for torch signal before moving' disabled. What is happening here is not a lack of finishing the path, it's that the torch is starting motion BEFORE it fires.

If the OP does not have any height control, they are probably cutting too high which is contributing to the slag and bevel and as I said, the torch is moving before the pierce is made.

To help I'd need to know what version software and level of height control you have so I could recommend some changes to your settings. Also, you should be cutting at the height and speeds from your cut charts (Hypertherm manual) so that 25 amp business is not ever going to work out. I do break my own rules and I cut aluminum that thick with Fine Cut using the mild steel speeds BUT if you don't have height control you'll never get good results with Fine Cut in my experience.
robertspark
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by robertspark »

rdj357 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:30 am The absence of a lead-in is almost always a dead giveaway that the user either does not have ANY level of height control or they have the option to 'wait for torch signal before moving' disabled. What is happening here is not a lack of finishing the path, it's that the torch is starting motion BEFORE it fires.

If the OP does not have any height control, they are probably cutting too high which is contributing to the slag and bevel and as I said, the torch is moving before the pierce is made.
what he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^

+ I think the cut direction is wrong looking at the lag lines... which will give more bevel

viewtopic.php?f=202&t=30272
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

rdj357 wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:30 am The absence of a lead-in is almost always a dead giveaway that the user either does not have ANY level of height control or they have the option to 'wait for torch signal before moving' disabled. What is happening here is not a lack of finishing the path, it's that the torch is starting motion BEFORE it fires.
Robert,
Thank you for that! I have heard you talk about the absence of lead-ins in the past, but it never even occurred to me to look for that with these aluminum parts. I also missed the 25 amp setting. And thanks for tip on cutting aluminum using FineCut with the mild steel speeds. It does appear that the torch is moving in the correct direction for the OP's parts (clockwise around the outside perimeter, and ccw around the inside of the holes).
David

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”