Continuing a cut from where the torch last cut through material

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
Rudeone
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Continuing a cut from where the torch last cut through material

Post by Rudeone »

Hi,
Im after any help i can get for the inevitable time when the torch bumps the job or for one reason or another the torch stops cutting. i would like to knoe the best way to rewind the torch along the cut path to where the torch last cut through the material. i know i can select from the pop up box, continue cutting from previous but that could be awhile after the torch stopped cutting, or if i go back to start the torch will try and cut over previously cut material. Thanks in advance
cheers
Rod
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Continuing a cut from where the torch last cut through material

Post by Joe Jones »

You can re-cut the path from the start, and turn the torch OFF via the button on the controller box. Allow the torch to go through the motions along that section of the path it has already cut, until it reaches the point where you want to start cutting again. STOP the machine with the red stop button or the space bar. Now turn the auto cut control ON on the controller box, and start the machine again with the start button on the controller box or by pressing the space bar again.
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

As long as it hasn't moved to another path, when you press stop you can use the shuttle knob to move forward or backward through the path. You can get it back to where it last cut and press start from there. If you need to jog the Z axis, you'll have to press the X or Y button to get it back to moving down the path. You may have a little pierce mark where you resume because the torch will be starting over directly on the path with no lead in.
Rudeone
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Rudeone »

Thanks Fellas!!! 😃
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

Here's a video that might also be helpful in these situations.

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”