FabTech 2019 in Chicago

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

FabTech 2019 in Chicago

Post by Joe Jones »

Oh man!

I’ve got my eye on the KERN LASER OptiFlex 50x100 table with a 400 Watt CO2 laser and the rotary attachment for the AMAZING low price of only $184,000.00 !!!

It will cut 3/16” mild steel, 1/8” stainless, and also aluminum and brass, etc., as well as other metals, and of course non-ferrous materials too.
Joe Jones

Re: FabTech 2019 in Chicago

Post by Joe Jones »

KERN just sent me a quote for only $174,000.00 Wow! I just saved $10,000.00 because of a typo!

Still struggling with "should I or shouldn't I?" Gosh, I really want it. I'd have to finance it. Sell assets? Reverse mortgage?

2019 was a HUGELY expensive summer for me.
Thor
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by Thor »

I have to think a 400 watt laser cutting sheet steel above 20ga must be slower than a snail. And CO2 are notoriously costly to operate, at least in the kw range. I'd love to have a 2kw fiber laser to replace my plasma, but floor space and bank account say otherwise.
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

They are talking about an inch per second through 3/16" mild steel with nitrogen assist, or maybe it was oxygen. I don't remember.
Last edited by Joe Jones on Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

I REALLY wanted to buy the star of the show. It was a 15,000 WATT fiber laser with a gantry that moved at 6 G's :Wow

It was lightning fast, and unbelievably ... FAST! It gathered lines of people to watch through the window as it cut out simple shapes like shims and gussets so fast, they would fall out of the material like someone pouring Cheerios into a bowl. The gantry would move eight feet from one side of the table to the other SO FAST that you really couldn't WATCH it move with your eye. You would see it at one end, then a blur, then it would be cutting at the other end.

All for the AMAZING low price of 1.2 Million Dollars :Sad

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”