Advise for buying a used DHC table

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
ZKB
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Advise for buying a used DHC table

Post by ZKB »

Hello,
Newb here I am looking a a older DHC table with water tray, a Hyper therm 65 and the computer that runs it with the 3.11 software. Money is tight right now but I am thinking I could start out with this and hopefully earn enough to upgrade in a year or so.
Am I crazy or is it doable I have seen it cut the THC looks like a pain but at least I an starting right?
Please give me your thoughts on this or if i should look elsewhere . I guess I am looking for your advise
thanks
icmplasma85
3 Star Member
3 Star Member

Re: Advise for buying a used DHC table

Post by icmplasma85 »

Apparently there is no tech support from Plasmacam for old software anymore. So if you are tech savvy and good with CAD software, CNC tables, etc, I'd say go for it if the table is in good shape and you get a really good deal. Just make sure you talk to the company first and figure out what you can and can't do in regards to the sale.

I bought my DHC2 in 2012, so they may have changed the way they do things but I was able to finance my table thru Plasmacam. Monthly payments that come right out of your bank account and had everything paid off in 4 years. This may be something you want to ask PC as well since it would allow you to get their most recent software and table with the advanced height control (ohmic sensing). The Designedge software is really great as well. I love being able to do all design work, artistic or parts, and run the table with one program vs. 2, 3, or more programs that it takes to run other tables.
PlasmaCam DHC2
Hypertherm Powermax 65
Millermatic 211 MIG Welder
ZKB
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by ZKB »

Thank you for the help. I contacted Plasma-cam the upgrade for Design edge is $2000. The complete update is $7000 so I am just going to buy new.
nevetskrats
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

Post by nevetskrats »

You're making the right decision!

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”