DHC Controller Repair/Voltage

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
cs offroad
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

DHC Controller Repair/Voltage

Post by cs offroad »

Hello,

I'm getting an error that says "can not control gantry position, checking for jamming and cables" I have checked all the cables, used compressed air to clean the machine and still cant get it to clear.

I noticed when I brought up the Diagnostics screen it was not really registering voltage it was bouncing around from 0-0.9V is this normal? The LED lights work.

I'm wondering if my serial port went bad, what should the voltage be on the diagnostics screen?

Does Plasmacam still offer repair services on the DHC controllers?
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: DHC Controller Repair/Voltage

Post by rdj357 »

The voltage hovering around a volt is normal.

If the wiring is good and all is clean, the can not control position can be a few different things based on when the error occurs.

If during initialization before the motors move significantly, make sure the voltage switch on the controller hasn't been accidentally switched to the wrong voltage.

If during initialization and the gantry has hit its stop, check the limit switches and make sure the gantry is square and hits both stops at the same time.

If the axis jumps when initializing/moving and the error comes up, check the encoder. Move gantry and carriage all the way into the home corner, open diagnostics and click the zero buttons for the encoder counts. Move the carriage and gantry out from the corner about 6" and verify the distance shown on the screen is close to correct. Move the carriage and gantry back to the corner and look to see that the new distances shown on the screen are back to zero within about .010"
cs offroad
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by cs offroad »

Thanks Robert! it looks like someone bumped the table pretty hard as it looks like the table is off about 1/8" from the limit switch. Thanks again!
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

No problem, get her squared up so that the limit switch makes contact and you'll be golden sounds like!
cs offroad
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by cs offroad »

What is the best way to square up the limit switches? I now have them making contact. but the metal stop on the other side is about 1/16th off from making contact after the machine hits the limit switches.
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

cs offroad wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 10:26 am What is the best way to square up the limit switches? I now have them making contact. but the metal stop on the other side is about 1/16th off from making contact after the machine hits the limit switches.
Is the table perfectly square? That's usually the problem when slightly off. Measure diagonally corner to corner to check. If that's perfect and it's still not right you can adjust the gear rack in one rail or the other.

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”