Assembly

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
Ian Davis
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Assembly

Post by Ian Davis »

Hi again , couple more questions on the Samson 510 . I now have it fully assembled . Is the rack on the long axis supposed to run the full length of the 4 sections it runs in ? As mine seems a little short ,it runs off one end . Also how smooth is the transition between the join meant to be ? Ie feel nothing at all ? Thank you , Ian . I have not ran it yet under power .
see&see
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Assembly

Post by see&see »

Hi Ian,

Yes, the rack seems a bit short, BUT, the offset of the torch head on the gantry leaves a gap on one end so the rack doesn't need to run the full length on the torch side of the gantry.

If you feel nothing at all moving through the joint transition you did a good job on the rack placement..
You marry into the PlasmaCam family and must accept the fact your software and hardware are proprietary. It's a for better or for worse engagement with overwhelming security. PlasmaCam controls the computer, table, hardware to their advantage IMO. :x
Ian Davis
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Ian Davis »

Hi there , thank you , I have found out that the person before me has cut a short piece of the end of one of the racks for some reason , I am trying to find out if I can get another rack in the U.K. I think the people that supplied it have some but it says they are for the 4 x 4 table , I’m not sure if they are the same . I will have to wait until they open again to find out . Thank you , Ian .
see&see

Post by see&see »

Here's some information on the PlasmaCam Gear Rack's I had.. They come in standard lengths 2, 4, 6 and 12 FT so you can cut to fit..

Gear Rack

www.emerson-ept.com/

Emerson Power Transmission e Catalog - Part Detail Browning 4YSR20X1/2 20

Pressure Angle, 20 Diametral Pitch, Rack Gear Weight: 3.35lb Packaged Width: 0.51 Packaged Height: 0.75 Style: Rack 2, 4, 6 and 12 FT Lengths Standard. Pressure Angle: 20.0 Diametral Pitch: 20 Material: Steel Note Standard Lengths are Extra Long to allow for cutting and matching ends Standard Gear Rack : 1). Manufactured From Mild Steel, 2). 14 1/2 Pressure Angle - 32 to 3 DP, 3). 20 Pressure Angle - 20 to 4 DP, 4). 2, 4, 6 and 12 FT Lengths Standard.
You marry into the PlasmaCam family and must accept the fact your software and hardware are proprietary. It's a for better or for worse engagement with overwhelming security. PlasmaCam controls the computer, table, hardware to their advantage IMO. :x

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”