Plasmacam Spare Parts

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
1eyedjim
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Plasmacam Spare Parts

Post by 1eyedjim »

Hello,

I wondered if someone out there could help me sort the lemon I have purchased. I have bought a second hand 4x4 table in the UK which I believe is a Plasma Cam Replica! I know, I know, what can I say? I was young and foolish! From what I can see by the Plasma Cam website the entire frame is the same the only difference is that my table does not have the OHMIC sensor. What my table has is a sliding Z which hits a micro switch telling mach3 its found the material. Anyway, the problem is with the Torch holder is far from square with the table the torch head is leaning back so far it is effecting my cut quality. I have taken everything apart and there is no adjustment to be found!! This leads me to the question, can I somehow purchase a genuine Plasma cam Z assembly and fit it to my table along with the OHMIC upgrade? It's a big ask I know but no harm in trying!

Pictures can be supplied if needed.....

Thanks
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Plasmacam Spare Parts

Post by rdj357 »

The ohmic control is built into the Plasmacam software so that wouldn't be any help to you. I am sure there is a third party THC that you could buy that would support ohmic sensing and integrate with Mach 3. That is far from my area of expertise.

As far as the OEM part, I would be afraid that the tolerances aren't accurate enough and you'd be back in the same trouble you are now. As for squaring it up, I'd assess mechanically how to get it square.
otisa2007
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Plasmacam Spare Parts

Post by otisa2007 »

Due to the nature of the plasmacam its a great machine if as long as everything is plasmacam seeing that your running the mach3 you may look around and see if one of the other manufacturers offer something would probably be cheaper and easier to deal with dont get me wrong my plasmacam is a great machine but their parts are not as interchangeable as other machines on the market and the plasmacam software is is totally different from the mach3

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”