Water table question

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
ironhorse
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

Water table question

Post by ironhorse »

Hi all, Hope July 4th was amazing for all of you in the Beautiful USA. I took the day off here and had me a few ones in celebration. Hey, I was wondering if any of you guys/gals out there in plasmacam land have ever converted your table to a water table? Possibly a silly question but I wont say I'm brilliant lol.

Greg
tcaudle
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Water table question

Post by tcaudle »

Water tables and ohmic sensing do not play well together. Unless it mount the water tray far enough down to avoid purge air from blowing spray up you will get false touch off . Of course ifs its far enough down to avoid the spray it will be less effective on killing the plasma dust. Down draft desings work better
SeanP
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SeanP »

I'm using water with your feathertouch Tom and to be fair it does very well really, just the first touch off you have to watch for puddles after that pre flow air does fine to clear it, I get more problems from bits of crud on the shield than water especially with fine cuts, it's great having the switch to go back to switch touch off on some materials though.
Powermax XP45
Home built table, Candcnc DTHC 2, Dragoncut 620-4
R-Tech 210 Tig, Jasic 250 mig
Sheetcam, Scanything, Coreldraw
Table build gallery
islander261
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by islander261 »

I use ohmic sensing (used to use a Feather Touch). ++ to what Sean says.

John
tcaudle

Post by tcaudle »

It (ohmic sensing) works better if you have a switch backup that will either perform a mechanical touch off in the event of the ohmic missing or e-stops the table. Ohmic will false and it will miss at times. PCAM tables use torque sensing on the lifter motor to sense if the ohmic is misssed. Not usre if it just faults or uses an offset ant keeps cutting.
hondafreak08
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by hondafreak08 »

i just started my build. ( still drawing it)

in essence, i will be using a modified grate design. tray will be shaped and sit very similar to the factory grates, then have a peice of stainless across gthe bottom to make the tray

as far as slats go, they will be shortened factory location slats that fit in the box

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”