It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:02 pm

PlasmaCAM Z axis drift - HELP!

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
woodland_hank

PlasmaCAM Z axis drift - HELP!

Postby woodland_hank » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:09 pm

Good afternoon!

I've been lurking on this site as a mostly silent member for at least 8 years now. I'm a high school shop teacher in Appleton, WI and have a 9 year old DHC2 in my welding shop. My machine has worked pretty much flawlessly until just recently when I started to experience the torch not maintaining cut height and running into the material causing an error. I tried many different things with no luck but I admit I'm not expert. Finally, I called PlasmaCAM and ran into the hot topic on this forum that they no longer support the older machine and recommended the software upgrade. I don't have that kind of money in my budget so upgrade is not a possibility. I got the feeling the tech guy knew what the solution was to my problem but he couldn't tell me. Anyway, in order to continue offering students access to this technology I need to fix this problem to get my machine back up and running. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!

Tom

rdj357
Elite Contributing Member
Elite Contributing Member

Re: PlasmaCAM Z axis drift - HELP!

Postby rdj357 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 4:00 pm

Tom,

When I had that problem it was a stuck button on the keypad. If you have a diagnostics window that you can open in the software you can look to see if the Z down button is steady or flashing yellow when it is not being pressed. If so the replacement is only 89 for the keypad.
Robert Johnson
----- PlasmaCam 5x10 Table -----
FourNinety Creations & Learn PC, LLC

Learn Plasmacam Website
Learn Plasmacam on Facebook
Learn Plasmacam on YouTube

Return to “PlasmaCam”