The AXXON Full 5VDC Parallel Card!

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

The AXXON Full 5VDC Parallel Card!

Post by Joe Jones »

I just received a return telephone call from AXXON in Canada on Friday night at 4:34 PM CST, only 15 minutes after sending them an E-mail inquiring about their 5VDC parallel card that works with the Plasmacam. Talk about customer service!

He told me that the card they make which works with the PlasmaCam (Model LF918KB) is the one in the link here in this post. He said he sells a lot of them to Plasmacam owners who eventually find their way to the AXXON site and locate the card. WHY Plasmacam doesn't just tell us what card to look at, is beyond me. :roll:

AXXON offers a 10-foot cable and a 15-foot cable (each at an additional cost) that "will" (read: should) work with the Plasmacam controller, even though it is longer than the magic FIVE-foot error-free length.

Next week I will order two cards and two longer cables, and set them up in my two PCs for my two tables. Hopefully they will work great, without those @#$%%&%^&*^ read errors!!! :P

http://www.softio.com/pcie_pci_express_2014

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
PlasmaMac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: The AXXON Full 5VDC Parallel Card!

Post by PlasmaMac »

I heard about axxon directly from plasmacam. If you call into tech support or sales, they'll definitely tell you to contact Axxon if you need a pp card for your plasmacam pc.

They have been recommended in past on this forum as well:
http://plasmaspider.com/viewtopic.php?f ... ORT#p84065
Port.JPG

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

see&see
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: The AXXON Full 5VDC Parallel Card!

Post by see&see »

Yea, I needed a 10' cable last year and Plasmacam told me to contact Axxon. Real nice folks and the card has never had a communication problem in almost a year. And that's with wi-fi streaming music, cameras and much more wi-fi interference than you could imagine.
You marry into the PlasmaCam family and must accept the fact your software and hardware are proprietary. It's a for better or for worse engagement with overwhelming security. PlasmaCam controls the computer, table, hardware to their advantage IMO. :x

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”