HELP with getting my machine cutting

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
Thefarmersdaughter
1.5 Star Member
1.5 Star Member

HELP with getting my machine cutting

Post by Thefarmersdaughter »

I am a new member and a new owner of a plasma cam Dhc2. I am having an awful time getting this machine up and running and am beyond frustrated at this point. I have gotten it to begin cutting and then it will just stop and an error of "torch cutting signal not detected " comes on. The torch will move to the next place to cut and then does not come down to the the proper cut ht. I am using a thermal dynamic cutmaster 42 plasma cutter. Using calipers my material thickness is 0.046, pierce ht- 0.1, cut ht-0.081, z shift-0.692, arc volt-0.76 with the autozero arc voltage checked. Anyone, who has any suggestions I would so greatly appreciate them. Thank you in advance for any help that anyone can provide.
grindergary
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: HELP with getting my machine cutting

Post by grindergary »

Sorry, I can't help you but if you post on this link http://plasmaspider.com/viewforum.php?f=61, It will take you to the plasmacam forum where these members might be able to help.

HTH,

gary
4x8 Home made with Precision Plasma LLC. Gantry
4x8 Home Router made with Precision Plasma LLC. Gantry
Candcnc DHCTII Electronics
Hypertherm Powermax 105 machine torch
Sheetcam, Mach 3
Corel Draw 8, V Carve Pro
Miller CTS 280 Miller Mig
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

The absolute best place for 7 day a week help with learning curve , technical and cut issues with a Plasmacam machine is at the Plasmacam owners community. There are thousands of Plasmacam users on that sitea, all of which have been through the learning process with the software and settings on these machines. Go to www.plasmacam.com , click on the owners community tab, have your machine serial number ready and join the forum.

Torch cutting signal no detected indicates that the two wires that connect to the main circuit board in your cutmaster unit are connected wrong, or the voltage sensing range is set incorrectly. You can find information to troubleshoot this in the video manual that came with your Plasmacam. Without this signal the height control circuitry will not operate either. Should be easy to troubleshoot and fix.

Best regards, Jim Colt Hypertherm
PlasmaMac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Post by PlasmaMac »

You definitely may want to reach out to the tech team at plasmacam. They have experience with just about any of the cutters that you can put on the machine and will be a big help.

The video instruction manual that comes with your plasmacam is a really great resource and will provide you with an excellent wealth of information about connecting nearly every model of TD cutters that works well with any of the plasmacam systems. If you're missing a copy of it, plasmacam's tech department can get a copy sent out to you.

Based on what some of the other folks tell me about some of the TD cutters, there may be a difference in the "Time Delay" settings and Possibly (if i recall correctly) the minimum and maximum voltage signal values under the"Cutting Signal" setting versus some of the more popular plasma cutters the machine (ie Hypertherm). The operator manual that came with your TD cutter should indicate the correct time delay's and voltage signals information that you can input correctly into the machine control settings on your plasmacam software. As shown below and note that my settings may not work for your cutter because it is a different brand, therefore you may need to look at your operator manual or call the tech department @ plasmacam for advice:
:
Time delay & Cutting signal.JPG
Sometimes the "no cutting signal detected error" can also be caused by other issues such as low air pressure, incorrect consumable configuration, defective electrode, overly tight retaining cap or deflector shield or improper grounding of you cutter (I have been guilty of this).

Good luck brother

JAG

You currently do not have access to download this file.
To gain download access for DXF, SVG & other files Click Here

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”