plasma cam carriage jam

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
shinertx
3 Star Elite Contributing Member
3 Star Elite Contributing Member

plasma cam carriage jam

Post by shinertx »

plasma cam 4x4 dhc with new hypertherm powermax 65. machine was cutting last night and stoped
and now a window pops up with message. and yes I can move carriage with my hand freely.
( could not control carriage position. check for jamming or disconnect cable ) thinking maybe motor cable or cable any thought on this, thanks.
Samson 5x10
Designedge software
Hypertherm Powermax 65
Hypertherm powermax 380
Thermodynamics cut master 85
Jet 4' box & pan break
Eastwood Powder coating guns.
PlasmaMac
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: plasma cam carriage jam

Post by PlasmaMac »

Hi Shiner,

It sounds like the connectors from the wiring harness to the motors are loose.
Check the pins and sockets (the rectangular looking connectors) on the main wiring harness that connect to the motors. Make sure that they are flush with one another, because If they are loose, this error message will pop up.

This can also happen when connectors from the wiring harness cables are plugged in backwards and to the incorrect motors (happened to me the first time I set up the machine....operator error on my part!). Luckily, if you look at the end of the connectors (both on the motors and the wiring harness), they are different and it is pretty obvious which motors they are supposed to be connected to.

Plasmacam tech support can also help out as well, give them a call if your still having problems.

I hope that this helped.

JAG :idea:

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”