More Cameras

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

More Cameras

Post by Joe Jones »

I am hoping to improve the You Tube videos I make. I just received the six MEVO wireless HD cameras from Amazon, along with mini tripods, long USB-C cables, and other things. So I can set cameras onto table now, and attach one to the carriage, etc., and just switch from one camera to another with my iPhone as I record.

I get to use the new X-Tool laser to cut custom foam inserts for a HFT case to hold them all too. :HaHa I have to tell you, this laser just might push me over the edge to get a a REAL laser soon. This thing is awesome! The first outdoor test happens tomorrow, right after the banjo lesson. Yep, I am a learnin' to play the banjo too.

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
6” Z Rail Lift Kit for PlasmaCam
CreatBot D600 PRO 3D Printer
12 Lasers
FREE DesignEdge Training!

It is more fun when it isn't necessary!
plasmanewbie

Re: More Cameras

Post by plasmanewbie »

Right on, curious to hear how your foam cutting goes. How messy and stinky is out? How does it turn out? That sort of thing.
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

plasmanewbie wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:09 am Right on, curious to hear how your foam cutting goes. How messy and stinky is out? How does it turn out? That sort of thing.
I am going to experiment with the various foams, white styrofoam, the black closed cell foam that is normally used in equipment cases, also HDU (Sign Foam) and others. The machine will be moved outdoors, so the smoke detectors don't all fire off simultaneously, AGAIN. :Wow

Joe
Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

I bought some of those anti-fatigue mats from Harbor Freight Tools. You know the type. They set on the floor in front of work benches and snap together like puzzle pieces.

The THOUGHT :roll: is to lay out the interior of equipment cases, and build the foam inserts layer by layer, gluing them together and moving the interior shapes as needed. I have to move the laser outside tomorrow, and try to cut up a mat, to see if it cuts, or if I set the house on fire. :lol: I would think that it should cut the mats well. They are dark gray, which the blue diode lasers require, and the foam is medium density. Who knows! Maybe I will start a new trend.

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

plasmanewbie

Post by plasmanewbie »

So how did the foam cutting go Joe?
Joe Jones

Post by Joe Jones »

plasmanewbie wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:59 am So how did the foam cutting go Joe?
I am not there yet. too many things getting in the way. Maybe tomorrow? Or maybe after Wednesday? I got into the shop and started cleaning and sorting, and a few hours later, the day was over. :Sad I will make some videos of the process once I dive into it, with fire extinguisher at the ready!

Joe

Franklin, KY., USA
Samson 510 & 4x4
12 Lasers

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”