Samson 510

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
Ian Davis
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Samson 510

Post by Ian Davis »

Hi, I have just bought a secondhand Samsung 510, I live in the UK. I am trying to find out how to Transfer ownership. Also I have an error on on the computer that came with it , which can only be cured by reinstall. I just wondered how I would stand if I lost the plasma cam software. Thank you for your help. Ian Davis. I have tried emailing plasma cam but all addresses bounce back .
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Samson 510

Post by rdj357 »

Ian,

The support email for Plasmacam (for a couple more weeks) is support2018@plasmacam.com and you should be able to get a response from them with the correct transfer form. If the software is version 4.xx then you won't have any trouble reinstalling and getting a seat reset should you need it. If it is version 3.11 or older then it is no longer supported and you'd have to buy an upgrade to the current version ($2,000 US).
Ian Davis
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Ian Davis »

Thank you , i will email and check version .
Ian Davis
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Ian Davis »

Design edge version is 4.45 . I take it that is ok ? Thanks Ian .
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

Yessir. That's the one you want! If you lose the software for some reason, after you properly transfer ownership you can download it from the Owner's Community forum. (You download the 4.46 update and it is the full program to install as well if needed)
Ian Davis
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Ian Davis »

Thank you very much . Good news.
AcmeAJ
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by AcmeAJ »

I'm in U.S. and I just went through this process. I bought mine from a government agency and they "couldn't" give me the password to the computer. PlasmaCam staff was very helpful and everything got done so that I could do a clean install. Be patient. The process can take a little while but it will get done.
Ian Davis
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Ian Davis »

Thank you , I have emailed them and awaiting reply . If I’m honest I’m not even sure what extras are with the software ie nesting , advance torch height etc as the guy I bought it of was not very computer savvy .
see&see
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by see&see »

One heads up on the 4.45 version... I did the reset a week ago and they forced me into the version 4.46 update before I could retrieve the required install code. And you ain't gonna get it to work until you update to their secret clandestine version 4.46.. I know, I tried it.. :oops:

Then i was required to paste the matching long code given to me on the owners forum into DE before I could load the update and run DE in my computer....

It's the new PlasmaCam challenge game included at no extra cost with DE much like the Super Mario Galaxy 2 game called "Breaking Into Bowser's Castle"... :lol: :mrgreen: And no bonus points are given, just a super big hole in ur checkbook...

"Samsung 510" I like that...
You marry into the PlasmaCam family and must accept the fact your software and hardware are proprietary. It's a for better or for worse engagement with overwhelming security. PlasmaCam controls the computer, table, hardware to their advantage IMO. :x
Ian Davis
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by Ian Davis »

It looks like I have to fill a form in , get the person I bought it off to sign it and post to USA . This could be tricky .
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

It's not too bad but takes a little time.
Joe Jones
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Joe Jones »

I bought a used table in Florida. Registering it into my name only took four years. My table was originally purchased, never removed from the crate, but sold In the crate to a CNC machine broker who sold it to a couple in Flori-DUH! She registered it in her name, but the form we both signed at the time of the second sale was "lost in the U.S. Mail" :? It only took four years, and four more forms sent via mail, email, fax and US Postal Service along with a photo of the table's Serial Number plate on the leg to get PlasmaCam to FINALLY register the table in my name.

Joe
DXF
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
4.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by DXF »

I recently upgraded to a slightly used DHC2 machine with DesignEdge. After providing an email copy of transfer of ownership I was able to activate the software online, no problem. PlasmaCam has been very helpful with this and returned my call with answers.

Dave Hanks

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”