plasma thc not working properly

PlasmaCam Hardware discussion forum
destroyer000
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

plasma thc not working properly

Post by destroyer000 »

4x8 table powermax85 ohmic sensing, i cant seem to get this tables torch height to work correctly. has basic torch height control. anyone have any insight on setting this up correctly?
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: plasma thc not working properly

Post by WyoGreen »

How about telling us what table you have, and what control system it has. A little more information will help us help you.

Steve
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by rdj357 »

You say 4x8 so is this a table that you've expanded yourself from a 4x4? Plasmacam does not make a 4x8 from the factory. What is your table model.

What torch pierce height and cut height have you set? walk us through what you've done so far.
Robert Johnson
PlasmaCAM GURU & Instructor
FourNinety Creations & Learn PC, LLC
(918) 457-0289 * Robert@490Creations.com
Did I help and you want to help me out? Buy me a coffee! - Thanks!
I am not affiliated with PlasmaCAM, Inc. in any way. I offer training on their equipment and software. All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them are for nominative purposes only and does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.
destroyer000
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by destroyer000 »

sorry for the confusion. its a 4x4 table, running dhc2 4.44 software i just cut some .90 alum with thc and it seemed to work ok, cut height i set to .06 and pierce height is .15, i have raise and lower between cuts on, z shift is 0 and i checked auto zero on next cut. . i noticed it changed my cut height slightly but still cut ok. now i just cut some 1/4 steel and the torch seems to run right on the plate, i did the same as the alum cut and noticed it changed my cut height to .054 to me it seems on the alum the thc was further away , and the steel it was closer
Coastalirondesign
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by Coastalirondesign »

Check the connection of the center pin on the wiring harness going to your x motor. I had a similar issue had to close down the female pin for a better contact took 12 months with tech support to find this

Return to “PlasmaCam, Samson, & Go Torch Forum”