PowerMax 1250

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
plasmajoe
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

PowerMax 1250

Post by plasmajoe »

Hi Jim,

My powermax 1250 blew up and the repair price is around $1700.00, so bying a new one seems a logical way to go. Now my question is, they tell me that the powermax 1250 is not in production anymore, and the salesman was not sure which one would be an equivalent unit. He is a newbie in the industry and I can't wait for him to get back to me on the unit that matches the 1250, plus I have my doubts about getting any unit he reccomends, no fault to him he is just starting out,(2 days on the job and he came from a grocery store) he will learn as we all had one time or another eh? So that being said wich unit should I go with? I use a machine torch and a hand torch with this, I use it as a field portable cutter also.

Thanks for your time Jim.

Plasma Joe
Oldsarge
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: PowerMax 1250

Post by Oldsarge »

Hey Joe!

I just scored a 1250 lightly used on epay for 1699 shipped... the seller has another one that he is going to list soon.... can send you his info when I get home tonight if you're interested... Otherwwise I believe the 85 is the replacement for the 1250 aand has the newer torch to boot! I'll be using my 1250 in a homebrew table soon.... oh, and thanks for the stuff you posst... been lurking a while and appreciate your work!

Oldsarge
6x12 Home Built Table
Hypertherm PowerMax 85
CandCNC Dragon Cut 620 DTHC IV
CorelDraw X7, Sheetcam, Mach 3
"Better to attempt great things and fail than to live in the gray twilight where there is neither victory or defeat"
plasmajoe

Post by plasmajoe »

Oldsarge wrote:Hey Joe!

I just scored a 1250 lightly used on epay for 1699 shipped... the seller has another one that he is going to list soon.... can send you his info when I get home tonight if you're interested... Otherwwise I believe the 85 is the replacement for the 1250 aand has the newer torch to boot! I'll be using my 1250 in a homebrew table soon.... oh, and thanks for the stuff you posst... been lurking a while and appreciate your work!

Oldsarge
Thanks OldSarge, much appreciated. I think I will get the 85 instead, keep it newer, that is my motto. LOL. Thanks also for the compliments on my work, glad you like it.

Plasma Joe
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by jimcolt »

The Powermax 85 replaced the Powermax1250 last fall. The 85 has more power, a new torch design with longer consumables life, faster cut speeds, higher duty cycle, and is in a more compact package. Also has 4 torch choices, all with a nice quick disconnect for switching . Check it out on www.hypertherm.com

Also, let me know who the salesman is...I'll make sure he is properly trained! Any dealer that sells Hypertherm systems should have been able to help you out with that!

Jim Colt Hypertherm
plasmajoe

Post by plasmajoe »

jimcolt wrote:The Powermax 85 replaced the Powermax1250 last fall. The 85 has more power, a new torch design with longer consumables life, faster cut speeds, higher duty cycle, and is in a more compact package. Also has 4 torch choices, all with a nice quick disconnect for switching . Check it out on http://www.hypertherm.com

Also, let me know who the salesman is...I'll make sure he is properly trained! Any dealer that sells Hypertherm systems should have been able to help you out with that!

Jim Colt Hypertherm
Thanks Jim for the info, I just got an email with the link to the 85 from my supplier. I like this unit, checked out the video of the plasma setup and cutting, good little unit. I will be putting an order in the morning. Thanks for your time.

Plasma Joe
AnotherDano
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by AnotherDano »

Joe,

If the salesman is a local guy, take the time to pass on all you learn in your research.

Help him out now and he may be the type that will appreciate it and return the kindness later on.
Dano Roberts
droberts@ironpequod.com
PlasmaCam DHC-2 v3.11
Hypertherm PowerMax-30
Serving Laramie, Wy since Thursday
plasmajoe

Post by plasmajoe »

AnotherDano wrote:Joe,

If the salesman is a local guy, take the time to pass on all you learn in your research.

Help him out now and he may be the type that will appreciate it and return the kindness later on.
I plan on it, he is a young guy and has the heart to learn, do not worry, I like the kid. His mentor will be back from holidays on Monday, all will be good when he resumes his training.

Plasma Joe
rpage
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by rpage »

Joe,

Just did the same thing myself. Our 1250 was acting up after 6 years and we went with the 85. I have to hook the 85 contrller cable to the Samson controller cable yet and then mount the torch. We went with a machine torch head this time and also bought the magnetic mount from Mick in Aus. I can hardly wait to get this torch on the table! Will post once I get her cutting :)

Best of luck to you with your upgrade!

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”