Hypertherm SYNC Beta FineCut Report

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
rdj357
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Hypertherm SYNC Beta FineCut Report

Post by rdj357 »

I have received and used a beta model FineCut cartridge for SYNC systems. I am using a Duramax torch with adapter on my Powermax85.

Below are some pictures of the new cartridge design (I have no idea if this will be final or if/when it will be released by Hypertherm) alongside the recently released SYNC model. I am searching for my notes but have a pretty confident idea of what this cartridge has cut: in 10 gauge ~1,100 pierces and ~5,000 inches and in 14 gauge ~740 pierces and 4,050 inches.

Total that's right around 2,000 pierces and 9,000 inches cut. So counted as inches, that's a little over half a penny per cut inch or if you go by pierces, 3 cents per pierce.

Comparison of a new beta, worn out beta, and what is available now. I gave up cutting with it on thicker material because it was constant ohmic errors.
image4.jpeg
Disassembling the worn out beta cartridge for inspection:
image3.jpeg
image2.jpeg
Beta nozzle backlit. The wear was pretty even and cut quality good until a couple 0-30 errors and then some failed cuts signaled it was done.
image1.jpeg
Beta electrode. It's quite obviously shot.
image0.jpeg
weldguy

Re: SYNC FineCut Report

Post by weldguy »

Very interesting Robert, thanks for the images and info. I can see they have designed far more clearance for air to escape, I suspect this will drastically reduce the 0-30 errors. Glad to see they are working on this. Very nice even wear and great runtime.

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”