0-51 Error

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
Rickzink
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

0-51 Error

Post by Rickzink »

Hi all.....I'm hoping to get a little help here. I bought this table from a neighbor who was retiring and it has been a long road to say the least. Admittedly, I am new to this world so I am sure part of my frustrations are coming from inexperience however, this damn table has one problem after another and I am ready to crush it with my excavator. I have had this thing over a year now and have literally spent 80% of my time troubleshooting endless issues. Needless to say, I am developing a love/hate relationship with this thing.

Ok...Now that I have vented my frustrations, here is one of my current problems.

For some reason I cannot seem to identify, this plasma cutter is giving a error code on 0-51. It has recently started doing this. Generally, it seems to really want to do it right before whatever I am cutting is finished. I mean it is on its last cut and then it does it. It does seem to do so after it has been running for a little while. I unplug it or let it sit for awhile, sometimes overnight, and i come in power it on and it runs fine for awhile.

Its a Hypertherm Powermax 65.

Please HELP!!! So I can move on to my next frustrating problem which I am sure will surface immediately after this issue is addressed....at least that has been the history of this so far.

Thanks in advance.
SegoMan DeSigns
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
3.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: 0-51 Error

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

Page 132 of this document, after it has downloaded save a copy to your computer for future reference.

https://xnet.hypertherm.com/Xnet/librar ... =HYP115403

0-51 Start/trigger signal on at power up

This situation indicates that the power supply is
receiving a start signal. It is sometimes referred to
as a “stuck start.”

On On • If the power supply is turned on while the torch
trigger is pressed, the system is disabled.
Release the trigger and recycle the power
switch

Sound like your torch fire relay is stuck (machine torch)
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: 0-51 Error

Post by weldguy »

Are you using a machine torch or hand held style torch on this table?

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”