Hypertherm HSD130 Problems

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
Speeding_Death
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hypertherm HSD130 Problems

Post by Speeding_Death »

Hello all,

I am trying to help a friend fix his Hypertherm HSD130. It errors out on the start-up self test with code 075.

As far as I can tell, chopper 2 is not getting a turn on signal.

All the manual suggested components have been replaced.

They had a supposed dealer look at it and he replaced multiple boards. However, he took some of them back when he couldn't get it fixed.

I replaced the IGBTs as neither one was testing right. Chopper 1 tests fine. As soon as it goes to test chopper 2 the indicator led on the driver board flashes momentarily and the main contactor disengages resulting in the error.

There appears to be no voltage coming to the driver board on the chopper 2 control line.

Does anybody have suggestions?
HypHyDef
2.5 Star Member
2.5 Star Member

Re: Hypertherm HSD130 Problems

Post by HypHyDef »

good morning Speeding_Death. I've reached out to our technical support team here at Hypertherm and got the following response to your question. If you would like to get more information please contact them directly and they can help you resolve this issue.

"The 75 is a failure of the self test of chopper. Sounds like they have been replacing parts on the chopper which put the chopper in question.
The issue could be a chopper 229107

The other possibility is the surge cap on the I/O board is not bleeding off fast enough after chopper 1 tests. The test sends 130 amps into the surge cap and measures the current flow. If we see current flow you get a pass on the test. The issue is the cap needs to discharge before the next test or the 2nd chopper will not have a cap to charge into. That will result in zero current flow and error 75. If they put a meter on the back of the unit between Negative and work. When the test runs you should see around 300Vdc when the chopper test runs and bleed to 0V in relatively quick time say 2 seconds. If the cap seems to hold a charge you need a new I/O card 041932"
DieselFumes
3.5 Star Member
3.5 Star Member

Re: Hypertherm HSD130 Problems

Post by DieselFumes »

Wow, what a comprehensive reply! Hypertherm all the way :Like :Like

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”