Hypertherm MAX 100 opinions?

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
sm2wmv
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hypertherm MAX 100 opinions?

Post by sm2wmv »

Hi,

I see a MAX 100 out for sale with a machine torch. Are these still good machines? I am currently running a "70A" chinese machine with a PT80 torch. Would this old machine be worth buying? I will be running it on my CNC plasma table and I believe it is possible to get it cheap.
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hypertherm MAX 100 opinions?

Post by weldguy »

I would pass on that. Old technology, low output power, and i am pretty sure it is a high frequency start machine which can be problematic with cnc equipment.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

sm2wmv wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 5:28 pm Hi,

I see a MAX 100 out for sale with a machine torch. Are these still good machines? I am currently running a "70A" chinese machine with a PT80 torch. Would this old machine be worth buying? I will be running it on my CNC plasma table and I believe it is possible to get it cheap.
The Max 100 was apparently manufactured and first sold in 1996, so this is 25 year old technology and pretty much obsolete I would guess. I doubt replacement parts are available, although I have seen some "reproduction" replacement consumables offered by at least one vendor. I wouldn't waste my time and money on a plasma cutter this old. My best advise to you is to save up for a Hypertherm 45xp (new or used).
David
sm2wmv
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by sm2wmv »

Thanks for suggestions. I will pass on it, I think shipping would get rather expensive as well.

I want to be able to cut pretty thick material, so I feel the 45XP is a bit on the low side of what I want. Buying a Hypertherm 85 in Sweden will cost $8800 which is quite a lot for a hobby shop. An Everlast 102i CNC would cost me about $2400. So the question is if its worth the extra money.
weldguy

Post by weldguy »

For a hobby shop and that kind of money I would opt for the Everlast 102i.
Rodw
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Rodw »

i would try and skip the Everlast if you can. I used to use one. You could also look at the ESAB 60i in Europe.
https://www.esab.de/de/de/products/plas ... er-60i.cfm A machine torch and cnc interface is available.

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”