New PlasmaCam and Powermax30 XP wont cut

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
jhughes
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

New PlasmaCam and Powermax30 XP wont cut

Post by jhughes »

I am new plasmaspider and to PlasmaCam and need help figuring out our table. I am a teacher and inherited a DHC2 PlasmaCam table and Powermax30 XP. The previous teachers parting gift was this set up, he assembled it but never used it. When I attempt a cut it will either start a cut and then quickly show the power on LED and the torch cap LED or not cut at all and show the same warning light. Where do I start.
weldguy
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: New PlasmaCam and Powermax30 XP wont cut

Post by weldguy »

Have a good look at your consumables. First be sure they are in new or good condition and then refer to your manual to be sure they are properly installed in the torch with the correct shield if using a shield. Start there and post back. Likely just something simple since you are new to this system and just not familiar.
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

jhughes wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 7:34 pm I am new plasmaspider and to PlasmaCam and need help figuring out our table. I am a teacher and inherited a DHC2 PlasmaCam table and Powermax30 XP. The previous teachers parting gift was this set up, he assembled it but never used it. When I attempt a cut it will either start a cut and then quickly show the power on LED and the torch cap LED or not cut at all and show the same warning light. Where do I start.
I would recommend taking a look at the Hypertherm owner's manual to see exactly what those error lights mean. They may list some possibilities for how to correct the problems. It would also be a good idea to try cutting manually by hand as well.
David
rdj357

Post by rdj357 »

Definitely need to look at the Hypertherm first. That said, I hate the 30XP on any table. You will have nothing but trouble trying to get it to work. If you have or can get a switched up to a 45XP or 65 for instance you'll be very happy.

I don't know what state you're in but I do a Plasmacam in-service for Oklahoma Ag teachers every summer. Shoot me a private message and I'll be happy to give you my cell and talk with you about how best to get it going better. Links to videos on the software and my FB page are in my signature.
jhughes
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by jhughes »

Thank you for the responses! I will double check the consumables, I know they are new but not sure about proper installation. I will also attempt some manual cuts and get back to you guys.

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”