45xp consumables

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
leggman
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

45xp consumables

Post by leggman »

I am finally running my new 45XP and it seems to work great but sooner or later I am going to need consumables. Looking online the original hypertherm consumables seem to be made of fine gold and encrusted with diamonds. Is there a more economical alternative for the guy who is just learning and getting set up so he doesn't have to sell a kidney to keep running his table?
Thanks. Dave
WyoGreen
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: 45xp consumables

Post by WyoGreen »

If you read thru all the treads on HT consumables, the prevailing thought seems to be that, yes there are counterfeit consumables out there that cost less. But..., they don't cut as good, and don't last as long as the real deal. So in the end, you end up spending just as much money, and get poorer results.
Precision Plasma gantry
CommandCNC Linux controller w/Feather Touch & PN200 hand controller
HT-45 plasma cutter
Plate Marker
Router
Laser
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by adbuch »

leggman wrote: Sat Dec 19, 2020 10:40 am I am finally running my new 45XP and it seems to work great but sooner or later I am going to need consumables. Looking online the original hypertherm consumables seem to be made of fine gold and encrusted with diamonds. Is there a more economical alternative for the guy who is just learning and getting set up so he doesn't have to sell a kidney to keep running his table?
Thanks. Dave
I seem to remember a post a while back from someone who was having good luck using the aftermarket (counterfeit) nozzles, but all other parts were genuine Hypertherm. I'm really not sure how much money he saved (if any) but he seemed to be happy with his results. I'm not sure which knock-off brand he was using, and the quality and precision of these parts may very by manufacturer. I would recommend sticking with the genuine OEM Hypertherm consumables. If you need to practice, perhaps consider cutting thinner material to learn on. Another useful technique is to attach a sharpie to your torch mount, and use this to draw your parts while you practice your programming/drawing skills.
David
SeanP
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by SeanP »

I use consumables from Plasmatech in the UK made by B & Bartoni in Europe, they are every bit as good as genuine, no problem recommending these to anyone in the UK, just ordered 1200e worth of parts from them in case of no brexit deal over there!
http://www.plasmatech.co.uk/

Powermax XP45
Home built table, Candcnc DTHC 2, Dragoncut 620-4
R-Tech 210 Tig, Jasic 250 mig
Sheetcam, Scanything, Coreldraw
Table build gallery
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

These look like nice parts, and not the typical Chinese knock-offs. The pricing is cheaper, but for small orders the shipping/insurance cost would probably be a deal breaker for us folks here in the US.
David
c_rossman
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by c_rossman »

I have been using Genuine Hypertherm electrodes, swirl rings. with aftermarket nozzles and shields. I have not noticed any difference. Plasmadyn on Ebay is my trusted source. I get 10 nozzles for about $25, less than half. Aftermarket electrodes are a crapshoot because you can't measure the amount of hafnium, which is probably not as good as OEM.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

I looked thru the Plasmadyn Ebay store, but did not see much for the 45xp, 65, 85, etc. Perhaps I am looking in the wrong place. Please post links if you have them.
Thanks,
David
c_rossman
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by c_rossman »

Odd, they had a ton of stuff before. Hypertherm is probably trying to shut them down. https://www.ebay.com/itm/10pc-x-220941- ... SwgHZYC-re

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10pc-x-220930- ... SwYHxWKnNx
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

c_rossman wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:08 pm Odd, they had a ton of stuff before. Hypertherm is probably trying to shut them down. https://www.ebay.com/itm/10pc-x-220941- ... SwgHZYC-re

https://www.ebay.com/itm/10pc-x-220930- ... SwYHxWKnNx
Thanks,
David
:Like :Like :Like :Like :Like

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”