After market electrode and nozzle

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
Plasmabot
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

After market electrode and nozzle

Post by Plasmabot »

Anyone tried the generic electrode and nozzles?
adbuch
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: After market electrode and nozzle

Post by adbuch »

If you own a Hypertherm plasma cutter, I would definitely recommend that you stick with the OEM Hypertherm consumables. Others have tried some of the chinese knock-offs with poor results. I think the same would apply to the other premium US brands of plasma cutters. For the inexpensive china machines on Amazon and elsewhere, it may not matter.
David
c_rossman
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

Post by c_rossman »

I have been using OEM electrodes with aftermarket nozzles with OK success. They say you get what you pay for. I haven't ran it enough to see if the cost savings is worth it yet. I am have about 4 hours of cutting on my unit and want to use the cheap nozzles until I really get it dialed in. One pierce too close is all it takes to wipe out a nozzle.
adbuch

Post by adbuch »

c_rossman wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:00 pm I have been using OEM electrodes with aftermarket nozzles with OK success. They say you get what you pay for. I haven't ran it enough to see if the cost savings is worth it yet. I am have about 4 hours of cutting on my unit and want to use the cheap nozzles until I really get it dialed in. One pierce too close is all it takes to wipe out a nozzle.
I would definitely recommend using OEM nozzles until you get it "dialed in". Then you could maybe experiment to see how well the aftermarket China stuff works in conjunction with your other OEM consumables.
David

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”