Hypertherm employees donate a Powermax85

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
jimcolt
5 Star Elite Contributing Member
5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Hypertherm employees donate a Powermax85

Post by jimcolt »

There is a new non-profit organization founded by a US Navy officer....called Workshops for Warriors. Their goal is to provide vocational training in the field of metal fabrication for injured U.S. Military veterans. This training will help our veterans that have suffered injuries whil in the line of duty....to learn a trade and potentially help them get back out into the workplace. Hypertherm employees (Hypertherm is employee owned) have decided to contribute a new Powermax85 with both a hand and a machine torch to the cause.....and I have volunteered to visit SanDiego (well that's not to tough to leave the NH cold...this time of year!) to help with the installation on January 19th.....the Powermax will be installed on a new Torchmate CNC machine. I will also be back on February 5th for the Grand opening of this great venture. Any PlasmaSpider members that get a chance to stop in at Workshops for Warriors, 2528 Market St., San Diego....will get a free hat or shirt from Hypertherm, while supplies last of course!

I am happy to work with such an honorable organization that is dedicated to helping the same veterans that made sacrifices in their health and well being...... for the rest of us.

Jim Colt Hypertherm
BrianMick
4 Star Elite Contributing Member
4 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: Hypertherm employees donate a Powermax85

Post by BrianMick »

God bless America, and a big thanks to those who have gave so much to defend our freedoms
Brian
Streetwerkz
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member
2.5 Star Elite Contributing Member

Post by Streetwerkz »

Jim,

The folks @ Hypertherm not only make great products (as my 1250 has served me well since 2004) obviously great people are made there also. This makes me proud to own & use your American made products in my shop. It's good to see an American company give back to the people who serve & protect us all.

Thank you for investing in our troops & country Hypertherm

A proud Hypertherm plasma cut owner

Joshua Robinson
Streetwerkz.com
Joshua Robinson
www.Streetwerkz.com
AnotherDano
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by AnotherDano »

+10 on what Josh said...

My little PowerMax-30 has done everything I've asked it to. I'm proud to have an American made machine and commend the spirit of the people who made it.

Thanks, Hypertherm.

Dano
Dano Roberts
droberts@ironpequod.com
PlasmaCam DHC-2 v3.11
Hypertherm PowerMax-30
Serving Laramie, Wy since Thursday
Possumplasma
2 Star Member
2 Star Member

Post by Possumplasma »

That says volumes about the company and, employees.
No wonder Hypertherm is always in the top 25 companies to work for over there.....well done.

Mick.
Aussie
Largemouthlou
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Post by Largemouthlou »

AWESOME to say the least!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
1250 hypertherm
4 X 8 Precision Plasma
CandCnC electronics
workshopsforwarriors
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by workshopsforwarriors »

I cannot say enough good things about Jim Colt and Hypertherm!

Since our Grand Opening on 5Feb2011, Workshops For Warriors has been inundated with requests to train and place veterans into new jobs. Due to this staggering response, I have been remiss in thanking Hypertherm for their incredibly generous donation. For those of you that do not know, Jim Colt flew all the way to San Diego to donate the custom painted system (painted by Hypertherm production-line members) and then helped us tweak it for the best possible cuts. As if that were not enough, he then surprised us by giving us a 75' hand torch and consumables for both machine and hand torches. Hypertherm continued their involvement by donating Plasma Cutting instructional material, educational props, training DVD's and most importantly, competent, and courteous help every time we have needed it.

It is not every day that you get this type of completely unsolicited, gracious, and patriotic help. Hypertherm has not asked us to market this, publicize their involvement, or do anything in return. That means a lot to me, and to those that have served. However, by remaining silent, no-one would know that we now have a top-notch plasma cutting system, which would have been out of our reach. This gives our vets an opportunity to train on bleeding-edge equipment which makes them commercially-viable when they present themselves to their future civilian employer.

As someone that has served overseas in two separate war zones, and has dedicated a large portion of his life defending Freedom of Choice, I ask you to consider the following:

The decision to spend your money is very powerful. When you buy something, you are voting for that product or corporation. Please ask yourself the following questions before spending your hard-earned money on your next purchase:
1. Will my money go to a company that is based in America, employs locals, and manufactures in America?
2. Will my money go to a company that cares for the environment and helps the community?
3. Will my money go to a company that fosters innovation and increases America's manufacturing capability?

When you buy from Hypertherm, the answer to all of those questions is a resounding YES.

Thank you again Hypertherm (and Jim) for your help and donations. We will have the video of the rest of the build up as soon as the volunteers who are working on it finish it.

Now that we have had it a little while, we have started to cut more and more items with the CNC table and are really enjoying it. If you are interested in seeing it in action, please send me an email at info@workshopsforwarriors.org and we will schedule a tour.

Thank you all for supporting our troops!

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”