Hypertherm powermax 65 and a kyndill thc

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
Awards-N-More
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Hypertherm powermax 65 and a kyndill thc

Post by Awards-N-More »

Hello all , hope someone can help me out here ..... i am running a kyndill thc , hypertherm powermax65 and the issue i am having is when i enable the ok to move on my kyndill thc the torch stops firing about 6-10 seconds into a cut , now on the other hand when i have ok to move disabled in the kyndill the thc does not function correctly and drives the torch head into the plate and starts its movement before piercing and cutting all while torch tip is touching the plate.
With the ok to move enabled the thc is function like a thc should by touching off the plate moving to pierce height piercing moving to cut height and doing its cut , but if it is a very long cut the torch turns off and the thc raises up. So does anyone have a clue why this is doing this.
Rodw
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: Hypertherm powermax 65 and a kyndill thc

Post by Rodw »

If the torch is turning off during a cut, then I would say the ArcOK signal (you call Ok to move) from your plasma cutter has gone out. So that means your plasma cutter can't sustain the arc. Or you have a wiring fault or you are affected by noise.

If you are loosing the arc it might be possible the torch has been lifted too high to sustain an arc. What is happening with torchheight when this happens. Is the THC lifting it too high?

I have no experience with your THC and in fact don't run one at myself at all. I leave all of that for Linuxcnc to manage internally as it knows my torch voltage.

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”