0-51-0 error

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
SouthExpress
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

0-51-0 error

Post by SouthExpress »

Hey looking for any input here. Torch has been working great for months. All of a sudden this morning, I come out and turn on the air turn on the torch and turn my table on and the torch immediately fires out of the blue on its own. I hit the switch on the machine torch and turn everything off and now when I turn on my torch I’m getting an 0-51-0 error which the book tells me is a false fire error.

I have no idea how to fix. I’ve unplugged and checked all the wires etc. and closed the software and restarted everything a hundred times in different orders but can’t shake the error. Any ideas....blows my mind that it has worked great for 4 months and then this out of the blue..
acourtjester
6 Star Elite Contributing Member

Re: 0-51-0 error

Post by acourtjester »

You should start the controller first and the last thing is the plasma unit. the 65 manual says "power turn on with start signal on"
If you are using a hand torch the trigger may be tripped or with a machine torch it may be a wiring problem. If you are using a machine torch remove the plug (CPC) on the back of the unit that is where it gets the torch fire signal.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT
SouthExpress
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Post by SouthExpress »

I’m using a machine torch. Can’t see where I would have a wiring problem. Been working without issue for months since I first got it. I will try the cycle you suggest and turn the power supply on last in the sequence. I appreciate you taking the time to offer some advice. Thank you
acourtjester

Post by acourtjester »

On the wiring problem I'm not saying it was wired wrong but the torch trigger can happen it 2 wires short together at a connection point. If the torch fires when you power up the plasma unit, removing the plug from the plasma and no torch fire happens would show that.
DIY 4X4 Plasma/Router Table
Hypertherm PM65 Machine Torch
Drag Knife and Scribe
Miller Mig welder
13" metal lathe
Small Mill
Everlast PowerTig 255 EXT

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”