Help with old Edge Hypertherm Control

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
Spartan1
1/2 Star Member
1/2 Star Member

Help with old Edge Hypertherm Control

Post by Spartan1 »

Trying to help a friend...

Coms between the Host (Windows XP) and the Edge Control died after a series of multiple bad mains glitches. The Host's COM port failed, so I replaced it with a USB-to-Serial convertor - checked, and all ok. However, the Host software still reports a loopback failure with the Edge Control. Edge Control has two COM ports, and using the on-board diags when appropriate pins are linked, both pass ok. Using the Phoenix Link software, I think I have established which COM port and Baud rate is in use at the Control, but not the Parity, Data Bits or Stop Bits.

The problem seems to be how to configure the Edge Control's COM ports. No amount of fiddling with the Host COM Ports parameters will get me communication between the two. The Hyperterm Installation and Setup Guide booklet shows a nice screenshot of a page featuring COM ports, Baud rate, etc., but I cannot find this from the Control's Front panel. Nowhere seems to lead me to this screen which apparently has buttons along the bottom for MACHINE, SPEEDS, LINK, I/O, AND AXES.

Anyone any clues please?

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”