PowerMax 1250 no torch for $600 Is this a good deal?

Hypertherm Plasma Cutter discussion forum.
bnflette
1 Star Member
1 Star Member

PowerMax 1250 no torch for $600 Is this a good deal?

Post by bnflette »

I have a chance to buy a PowerMax 1250 for $600. It does not have a torch. Seems like a good deal unless there something I’m missing. I’m looking for some opinions because it seems too good to be true. Please let me know what you think. Thank you
beefy
4.5 Star Member
4.5 Star Member

Re: PowerMax 1250 no torch for $600 Is this a good deal?

Post by beefy »

Well, here in Australia I paid A$6000 for my 1250 with hand torch. Some time later I bought the Duramax machine torch for A$1100

So yeah, it still seems an OK deal providing it's working. Perhaps you could hire a torch for a day from a welding supplier to test the machine out before buying. The torch lead has a connector on the end and you just plug it in at the front/bottom. You could ask the welding supplier to include the hire in the price if you end up buying the torch from him.

Keith
2500 x 1500 water table
Powermax 1250 & Duramax torch (because of the new $$$$ync system, will buy Thermal Dynamics next)
LinuxCNC
Sheetcam
Alibre Design 3D solid modelling
Coreldraw 2019
SegoMan DeSigns
4 Star Member
4 Star Member

Re: PowerMax 1250 no torch for $600 Is this a good deal?

Post by SegoMan DeSigns »

If it's in good working shape it is a good deal. the Powermax retrofit machine torch will run you about $700. Pull the cover and check for burnt components. Try to track down a torch and do some test cuts with it

here is the link to the documentation to go with that unit:

https://www.hypertherm.com/en-US/custom ... 0+powermax

Return to “Hypertherm Plasma Cutters”